No food = societial breakdown in three days

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Legion489, Jan 22, 2016.

1. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Make friends you can trust. If you get to know the people around you it shouldn't be hard to tell which are a help and which are a hindrance.

Seepalaces likes this.
  2. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Only if they don't run out first. Otherwise they know where you are, what you have and they will be just as dangerous as everyone else. Like the Bible says; "don't even let your right hand know what your left hand is doing."

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

True, but do it without tipping your own hand in the process of discovery and vetting.

Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and Seepalaces like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

The older I get, the more I believe that the only mid term survival tool for the majority of us in all the semi rural areas of the country, is the caching of our long term storage foods and I hope to survive until I can get to it and I plan to have no more than 1 months worth of supplies at any one cache. If you can stay alive for a year, you may have a chance to survive in the long term.

My experience with authority figures, EPA, TSA, local law enforcement in particular local courts, law officers, zoning and code enforcement, has not been either enjoyable nor have their actions made much sense. At best I hope I can survive the "help" I get in any SHTF situation. The experience of my Lakota ancestors was not all that good and I raised listening to those who survived the 1870's period first hand and whose parents had lived through the "removal" to the reservations.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    GOG, Tully Mars, enloopious and 2 others like this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Dividing and separating your year's supply of consumables makes good sense. At least some proportion of the stored supplies will survive a natural disaster such as fire and flooding, or the depredations of looters if forced from your homestead. Keeping some of your ammo / reloading components separate from your main store would be a sensible precaution also

Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  1. Gator 45/70
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Minuteman
  4. Thunder5Ranch
  5. duane
  6. chelloveck
  7. JC Refuge
  8. Dunerunner
  9. JC Refuge
  10. Waydah
  11. DKR