No medicine for heartbreak

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Hanzo, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

2. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I'm so sorry about your family's loss. It really is heartbreaking to lose a family member like this. I hope your daughter will be okay and feel better soon.

Sending you and your family warm, heart healing thoughts. Blueberry was so blessed and lucky to have all of you.

3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo. It was sudden and unexpected. Dog had hard time standing up suddenly and barfed. Emergency vet X-ray showed a huge cancer caused organ failure and he had to be put to sleep. She got to hold him for the procedure early today and cried all day and night. She is hurting. And all we can do is be on the phone during her sorrow. Just got off the phone a little while ago, urging her to sleep since it was midnight her time.

She just put an offer in on a house this morning too with a huge yard. That was the plan for her and Blueberry. She is pulling her offer and will wait until she finishes grieving and gets another dog before looking again. At 21, she has never loved anything as much.

Zimmy, Gray Wolf, Dunerunner and 7 others like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

What a sweet pup.. Shed a tear on this sad news.

Alanaana, Ura-Ki, duane and 5 others like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@Hanzo & Daughter
    I know the feeling , it's HARD ,, but will pass.
    21 , man has she grown .
    Sloth

6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo guys

Dunerunner, Alanaana, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

So sorry for your family's loss ,,, I still miss my pup ,, and its been 15 yrs .
    My condolences to you all .

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Condolences man, those fur balls are family in the end

Dunerunner, Alanaana, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

lost so many over and over... never really gets better either... best wish's and prayers sent

Zimmy, Dunerunner, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Loosing a pet is loosing a member of the family been there done that. Remember the good times and the pain will lessen over time

11. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Dunerunner, Ura-Ki, Hanzo and 3 others like this.
  12. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

RIP.

Dunerunner, Alanaana, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  13. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Sorry to hear that. It's always tough. Try to only remember the good times. Time helps.

14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo everyone.

15. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Mahalo.
    Friends that are especially close are hard to replace but will always be in your heart.

Zimmy, SB21, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have had to say goodbye to every dog our family ever had, it's not easy, and I still choke up a little when remembering each of them!

Getting a new Puppy is a good way to lessen the pain, but starts the process all over again!
    My last, Ol Goof the Golden was the hardest for me, I was lost in a fog for over 6 months, finally, we got a new Newfie pup and it really helped! Prayers to you Hanzo and Family!

17. SCUBADIVINGJOE

SCUBADIVINGJOE Monkey+

So sorry for your family's loss. My family had to do let one of our dog go to heaven last month.

Hanzo and Dunerunner like this.
  18. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Hanzo oh my gosh. This is truly shocking and heartbreaking that this happened this way. I hope that she was able to get some sleep last night. It sounds like it all happened so fast and she's so young.

It is amazing that at 21 she already put in an offer for a house. When tragedies like this happen, I try to think of it as protection. It wasn't meant to be and her future has something even better and more beautiful in store. Since she's in a different timezone, maybe she'll move closer to you someday?

I bet you guys are so proud of her and all that she's accomplishing at such a young age. It's a sign of good parenting too!

SB21, Hanzo and Dunerunner like this.
  19. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Remind her that, as they say, all dogs go to Heaven. So she can see doggy again, some day!

20. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo everyone. And condolences to all who have suffered a loss.

Happy my daughter was able to sleep. She knows she is not alone. Better today. And she has company. She has been on the phone with each of us all day today.

And she is planning on adopting another pup.

Dunerunner, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7