No one is safe from, not even the children...

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Redneck Rebel, Dec 16, 2011.

1. carly28043

carly28043 Monkey+

I wouldn't be surprised. The head of the FDA, who used to work for Monsanto, has had it out for the Amish lately. They've been cracking down on their dairy operations for raw milk violations. Instead of shutting them down or giving them a fine, they have gone in armed and arrested the Amish Farmers. They also raided a farmers market in California. If the have gone for an all out raid over the raw milk, I can't imagine that they would have much of an issue with forcing the child labor issues. They have already fined them for the children working in other settings. The Amish currently have and exemption from the laws for farm work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92732&page=1

"The Department of Labor has in recent years fined Amish-owned sawmills in Pennsylvania, and some non-Amish businesses employing Amish children, as much as $10,000 for violating federal laws that prohibit children under 16 from working in manufacturing operations like sawmills, and children under 18 from working in other occupations deemed hazardous."

2. Lucky Johnson

Lucky Johnson Monkey

Is it because they don't understand it or because they don't want people to have the ability to survive on their own? Is it because they don't understand country life or because they want everybody to depend on the gubmint to better control every aspect of human life? I say it's the latter.

oldawg likes this.
  3. Lucky Johnson

Lucky Johnson Monkey

Growing up, I had to work for anything I wanted. I had to do my chores and homework before I could go play. As I got older, I had to do extra chores to work off the money my parents didn't really have to buy me something that I really wanted. If I got out of line, I was put in my place with a good butt whippin'! I didn't dare tell my parents or grandparents that I was bored, or I would find myself outside pulling weeds! I think I grew up alright! Compared to many my age, I'd say I am doing better than most as a responsible adult and parent. I don't see anything wrong with teaching a child responsibilities or enjoying the fruits of his labor. Leave it to gubmint to totally screw up anything good.

Sapper John, oldawg and Redneck Rebel like this.
  4. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Family Farms 1 - US Labor Dept. 0

http://www.limaohio.com/news/farms-82742-latta-department.html

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7