No to No Knock Raids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, May 15, 2014.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I believe I said that.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You did. That being said, government is just another pack of men/women looking to take what is of your tribes rights, property and opportunity to survive as a "free man". Hence the wavering faith in our fellow man (that makes up our government as well) is warranted. Absolute faith in our fellow man is a dangerous thing that may be considered naive in some corners.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I believe I said that as well.

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[fart]

5. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

This is a big part of the reason why, when I got my concealed handgun license, they also pushed for everyone to look into a type of legal insurance policy (runs ~$10/month), that is basically giving you free legal services in case you're involved in a shooting of any type. As time goes by, I'm thinking more and more of obtaining this, as peace of mind, and believing that it should be offered to all home owners as well, as part of their homeowner's insurance.

The guy in Killeen, TX, that was arrested for shooting one officer in the face (causing his death), as he climbed in through the window, will likely eventually have his charges dropped. Unless the cop was loudly announcing himself as the police as he entered, the home owner is protected under the castle doctrine laws of Texas. But what happens in the meantime, when some idiot judge puts a sky-high dollar amount for his bail, effectively keeping him in jail? He's not working, he's not paying his bills, he's not feeding his family, and he's likely going to have some repossession going on, if it lasts long enough. And while he might eventually sue the police in a civil lawsuit, and get compensated for what happened to him, it's unlikely to happen soon enough to keep him from losing a lot, or all, of what he owns.

The prepaid legal services I'm talking about would give you a phone number to a 24/7 legal service, that would represent you in any case involving a shooting, even one in your own home. If you've ever hired a lawyer, you realize that paying ~$10/month for this sort of coverage, as a sort of "insurance", is well worth it......especially as they won't ask you for a dime, if they ever have to represent you.

Concerning the no-knock warrants/raids, I think the reasonable expectation, if you're the chief of police or the judge, is that they'd better be dead nucks perfect with their information, or be ready to be held responsible for any injuries or deaths caused to innocent persons, if you screw up. Meaning, if you ask for a no-knock, get it, break into someone's residence and cause a death because you screwed up, you'd better have a lawyer handy, because you're going to be charged with negligent homicide. Screw the thin blue line. I'm more for the red & white stripes, and the white stars on the blue background!
    [flag]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7