NOAA Predicts Active Atlantic Hurricane Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, May 25, 2013.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

NOAA Predicts Active Atlantic Hurricane Season | Fox News

This quote pretty much says it all- "People need to have a hurricane plan in order now, or be developing one now, not waiting until a hurricane or tropical storm starts showing up on weather maps,"

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

590x393_05241643_2013-atlantic-forecast-sdnew.

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Not surprised, given the current trends...but it only takes one to ruin an otherwise beautiful summer.

Thanks for posting this. As usual, I hope they have over-estimated ;)

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. BTpostergirl

BTpostergirl Monkey

I'm glad that I'm going to be gone for 1/2 of the season this year... but I am also trying to be prepared for the other 1/2 of the season. Here in Austin people are hoping for a nice tropical storm to wash up in Texas to help bust the drought.

tulianr and BTPost like this.
  5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

The NOAA folks do this every year--it protects their jobs. Remember about 4-5 yrs ago they did the same prediction and not one storm hit the coasts. They actually have no idea how many or where they may go till they start kicking up surf. Remember Andrew--that crossed Florida twice. Main thing is to be ready so you can go to the Super Bowl. That way the gub can provide for you.

6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

??? I'll have to ask the lead meteorologist how this might protect their jobs...or how you figured out that these numbers have anything to do with landfalling storms (they don't).
    Then how the Super Bowl has anything to do with this or FEMA...you sure you're responding to this thread?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7