North Korea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Aug 10, 2017.

?
  1. Serious Threat

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. All Hot Air

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Unpredictable Situation

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The reason for the Chinese & Russian Troops on the Boarder, is two fold.... FIRST: If the US were to invade, to clean KimChi's House, both want to invade to get their share of the Goods, and have a say on how their Boarders are resolved, with the Yankee Invaders... Second: they want Their Troops available to keep KimChi's Buddies contained inside the NK Boarders, PERIOD... If we turn the Place into Green Glass, they don't want refugees fleeing across into their territory, and causing bigger issues than they already have.... None of them want KimChi or his ButtBuddies... so Keep them contained, and they can ROT in place....

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

upload_2017-8-11_20-21-35.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The worst thing we could do is "put boots on the ground" in NK. We can take out their capital city, Pyongyang. All powerplants, military bases, launch systems, etc. Remove their capacity to wage war.
    But they have their mountains riddled with tunnels, so they end up with a lot of starving people. Close their borders hard, let them eat each other.

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Agree, thoroly. But so far as the general population goes the urban folk are so brainwashed against the Great Satan, that there will be a period of time until they realize it. The country people, well, all they know is the production orders and what will happen if the quotas are not met. Methinks that being able to think for themselves, decide what they want to produce and so on, will be a relief.
    Me also thinks that no matter what, the loss of life will be a terrible, but necessary thing. Collateral damage is unavoidable.

oldawg, Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  5. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

We have already witnessed Gulf War II, why on earth would we want a sequel to the first Korean War? A couple of prowlers could remove all cellular comm's in micro second time, and then the B52's could carpet bomb the entire country until actual targets worthy of smart bombs would be used. No, I'd rather turn NK into the dark side of the moon than put a single pair of American boots on the ground. JMHO.

Tully Mars, Seawolf1090 and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Agreed. I care not one whit for "collateral damage" among the Nork populace. But putting our troops into that rocky rabbit warren of caves and tunnels would be pointless and a huge waste of OUR lives.
    Take away everything that gives them the benefits of modern technology. Which in general, isn't a long trip. Look at a picture of the Earth at night, and South Korea is brightly lit, as are all other nation's population centers.
    But, NK is virtually dead black.

Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  7. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Hello Darkness my Old Friend.

Grandma heard the soundtracks and asked me if I was experiencing a mellow evening!
    HA HA HA.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  8. Imasham

Imasham Monkey

An honest question...not baiting.

In the early 1950s didn't the US have the ability to remove their capacity to wage war? That was rhetorical since we all know the answer is yes. But we know how that turned out. My question then is why would the US use that ability now? They didn't use it in Vietnam, they didn't use it in the Gulf wars, they didn't use it in Libya, they haven't used it in Afghanistan...I don't think they will. I don't think there is any political will to do so.

9. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Somehow we became obsessed with world opinion after WWII. Since, we have engaged in "police actions" rather than kicking A and taking names. I'm thinking Crazy Tweeting Trump will break from that tradition and throw everything but nukes at NK, and probably pulverize them in about an hour. I know if Mattis has his way, that is exactly what will happen.

10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

PDRK has no logistics. They may have 5,000 tanks - old, old tanks BTW - but do they even have enough diesel to fuel up even a part of that number? Nope.
    The aircraft they have are all obsolete, Sov Block designs. How many can actually be flown is on open question.
    As for the ICBM - the PDRK has yet to demonstrate they have a working re-entry vehicle, let alone one that can jink.

Don't forget that the Japanese now have fully operational Aegis systems with SM3+ missiles that can knock down a PDRK launch, even while in port.

The PAC3 batteries now in RoK and the one THAAD battery all are fully sited, on line and inter-operable - seamlessly with JDSF/JMSDF. assets

We now have 40 Mid-course systems on line, and an opearational THAAD system battery squatting out on Kodiak.

Trump has to say something, if little Kim is ignored, he really could go ballistic....

More here -
    RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 - Wikipedia

Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance » Standard Missile-3

Tempstar, Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  11. DKR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. DKR

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Literally Kim could go ballistic.... and you are correct, he does not like to be ignored. I cannot think of a solution to this. Kim Jung Un will not settle down.

I have been thinking about this and I do not think it will work or solve the problem. If we look at Kim Jung Un as a spoiled child, then we cannot give in. If you give into a brat, it just lets them know that they can repeat that behavior and get their way again in the future.

Tully Mars likes this.
  14. Seawolf1090

Sadly, you are likely correct. A lot of evil has happened in this world every time good men have stood aside and not done what they knew was necessary.

Tully Mars likes this.
  15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

MacArthur wanted to but Truman said no. Most feel he was worried that it would trigger another world war with the Russians and the Chi Coms. Personally, if the allies would have followed Patton's advice and rearmed the Wehrmacht and used them to crush Stalin and the reds we would've avoided the cold war, a divided Germany and saved countless lives, but I digress..
    With Vietnam it was much the same thinking. POTUS and company were worried about the war expanding with the Soviets and the ChiComs-starting to see a couple of patterns here?

Gulf War- can't use nukes if you want what's under all that sand and camel turds...

Afghanistan- For the same reason the Soviets didn't when they were there in the 80's-the rest of the world wouldn't back it.

DPRK- NO ONE likes 'ol Shovel Face or his cronies not even the ChiComs. They use him, but as long as they can keep the coal and maybe expand their territory they won't give a crap about taking him out as long as they can save face by claiming they had nothing to do with it. Same for the Rooskies pretty much. It's pretty much the opinion of the world powers that Kim needs to die-as long as they can blame it on the good 'ol US of A they'll go along with it, and T-Man is itching to punch that big red button..

16. Seawolf1090

Saw a joke yesterday.....
    "If you want to get rid of Lil Kim, just tell Hillary he has dirt on her." :sneaky:

Yard Dart, Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Maybe we can get ride of Both the Clinton's with this Ruse..... Tell Hillary that KimChi has the REAL Dirt on her, and then Billy will want to get it, and go see him, and KimChi can put him in a NK Gulag.... then Pres. Trump can take his time working on a Release,,,,

Yard Dart, Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Wandering thoughts on a Sunday afternoon: What if fatty is completely out of touch with reality, and the upper echelons of NK military are deep in a conspiracy to feed him falsehoods and he talks about them for public consumption? Could a couple hundred dot mil with funny hats keep a secret?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I think above a certain rank in the Nork military it's all about not getting killed by Kim So Fat. I think they tell him what he wants to hear and then spend a lot of their time making it look that way. Kim Chow Yuk is pretty shrewd and knows that they do this, but not likely the extent.

Tempstar likes this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

upload_2017-8-13_19-51-6.

1. HK_User
  2. The_Prepared
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Yard Dart
  5. arleigh
  6. Yard Dart
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7