1. Given the media intensity given to the Covid 19 (otherwise known as Corona or Wuhan) virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 30 April, or be extended if needed. Thanks, folks.

Not a Victim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I had to attend a medical thing today where they required me to remove my outer covering, a vest. This exposed my cocked and locked 1911 and a snooty nurse asked me why I thought I had to be armed in a medical facility and I politely told her that I was usually armed regardless of where I was. She sniffed disdainfully and commented about guns leaving so many innocent victims. My comment to her was that I have been called a suspect, a subject, a perpetrator, and a defendant but I have never been called a victim.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Very clever remark. I like it. :)

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Excellent! Ignorance is bliss for some. I read recently that sheep do two things, graze and stampede. I will add one thing to that, when stressed or sick, in the words of a vet " a sick sheep's a dead sheep."

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Great work Sea I had one once get on me about packing at a hospital.
    Told her to pound sand, I like yours better.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7