Not Everyone Should be Allowed to Vote

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by tacmotusn, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You perceived my message incorrectly. It's not meant to be analyzed too deeply. Obviously, the educational system is government mandated and broken. We need to remove the federal government from the equation and once again make the people control the education for their children. My point is, NOT to assume a standardized test to exclude stupid people will solve anything. We cannot place restrictions on rights at all, or it becomes a slippery slope. You already pointed that out by comparing this to gun rights, it's no different.

I have first hand experience with Wikipedia, and I know for a fact that the .Gov has shills editing the site full time to cover up the truth. Sure, for random issues which are not directly linked to politics and law, Wikipedia is a valuable encyclopedia. However, you may be on to something. If a civilian panel could be in charge of the editing standard and kept in line with traditional authority, perhaps it may work. But, I personally doubt it. The masters of deceit are quite pervasive and relentless.

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

From what I have seen, 40 percent of the adult population at best should vote. The other 60 percent have no business voting, figuring out how to tie their shoes, how to balance a checkbook or maintain a budget, let alone figure out how come if they still have checks, their checking account could possibly be out of money. Why with a college degree in African studies and music they can't find a job in Bozeman Montana in their field of study. Why if guns are outlawed on many campuses we still have all these terrible shootings on those same campuses. They believe everything they hear on mainstream media news, and disbelieve anything from a known conservatives mouth. I should start a stupid people on the streets thread post and add 5 videos daily of the truly stupid, ignorant, biased, and hypocrisy run rampant. Most people are irresponsible. jmho

3. Brokor

I disbelieve almost everything from a known conservatives mouth. ;)

I also think you are being a little too dramatic. The two party system is a means to control you. There's no difference between either party, and all the drama stirred up between them is intended to cultivate class struggle and animosity. You're all too busy hating each other to take notice of the giant pink elephant in the room.

You pulled that out of your ass. Look, it's obvious the left have the right outnumbered -they use illegals and prey upon the dependent minorities and special rights crowd, which are each growing daily.

Stating some people have no business voting, to me is absurd. I am sorry, but I can only be honest here, and I am not trying to insult or provoke. The entire voting system is a farce to begin with, the government is no government at all -it's a corporate cartel. The two party system is a sick joke, instrumentally controlled by Council on Foreign Relations globalists and IMF money lenders. As far as I can tell, making the claims you have are illogical and do not even apply to reality. You may keep on wishing and hoping the "stupid people" wouldn't vote and all your problems would be solved, but at the end of the day, the corporate media is still only going to support Slavery, Inc. candidates.

Reality sucks even more than hopeless Liberal sycophants.

Mountainman likes this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

The path that we seem to be on tends to lead one to believe as you have said @Brokor ...
    I for one wish that the vote still counted.... but even if it did, they are all in bed together due to lobbyist money & assorted interest... so what is the diff..not much from my viewpoint.

Ganado and Brokor like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Ganado, You have quite a few points here, so I will try to address each of them. My words in blue. Tacmotusn

6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@tacmotusn I thought we were having a debate on ideas. And I do not appreciate the personal attacks in your post. Going forward if you can't be civil in the debate then perhaps it would be better to refrain from posting.

I honestly thought we were discussing the ideas you n posted from someone else. I don't happen to agree with all them. And for you to go to personal attacks is completely out of line with the rules of this forum

7. Brokor

Be nice, party people...it's only politics. [fight2]

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm afraid that Ganado has scored more points in this debate than Tac. I don't necessarily think its the issue of either "stupidity" or "ignorance" but in most cases, merely their perception of who and what will help them put food on their table, get or keep a job, pay a mortgage.....and giv them more free stuff. Their sphere is self interest rather than a more global viewpoint. They aren't willing to sacrifice their comforts on the short term to ensure the security of the nation and the future for their offspring and future generations. They allow themselves to be bought and sold by glitter and most don't even realize they are pawns, nothing more than 21st century slaves bought and sold at the whim of their political masters.

An awareness of civic and the constitution will do little to suddenly turn them into voters who will be willing to pass up free stuff for constitutional issues. And don't overlook the educated liberal. Those are the ones who think first with their hearts and second, third or fourth with their intellect and knowledge. These are the ones who believe that every illegal alien is simply trying to raise their standard of living for the benefit of their families. The kind hearted liberal is willing to sacrifice not only what is in his personal self-interest but also in my self-interest, whether I agree or not.

As for the testing - ever take one of those "Can you pass a 1900's high school graduation test?" We don't all test well, we don't all have the same comprehension skills or the ability to express ourselves.

Please tell me which words of our Constitution or Bill of Rights specified a complete understanding of our form of government to be eligible to vote? None existed, then or now. As long as the voter was a white male property holder, that was good enough.

My final comment relates to debate in general. Be cautious that the words you use express your feeling on the topic and not on your debate opponent. A good debate is not for the faint of heart.

Ganado, Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Whatever. I will sum it up by repeating a few final words on the subject. To keep doing things the same way over and over and over again expecting different results, is insanity. To fail to take some sort of action, and do nothing but complain, accomplishes nothing. Sticking your head in the sand, will not make the problem go away.
    Many here at Monkey have given up on the country and the voting process. I do not agree with that but can not convince them they are part of the problem. It is all moot anyway. We as a country are on what appears to be an unstoppable downhill slide into chaos and economic collapse. maybe we can correct some of this crap the next time.
    Once upon a time, we had a Constitutional Republic. It is really sad that it is gone and no one cares.
    I am done. Whatever.

oldawg likes this.
  10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I think many of us here are resigned to the fact that we are on that unstoppable downhill slide. It is now, not a matter of if, but more a matter of when. Our debt and the upward track is taking, has no restraint from either political party..... and the ability to get the debt down would be to much of a price to pay by the politicians that have favors to return to their benefactors.

Ganado, Brokor and tacmotusn like this.
  11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

3%, never forget. We have to stop preaching to the choir and expand our horizons. Speak openly to everyone you meet, discuss, help the uninformed become informed and more importantly, care about being informed. The power is in our hands and now is the time to use it.

Ganado, Brokor, kellory and 2 others like this.
  12. Brokor

That's the problem with a democratic society, Tac. If you have a larger number of people in favor of slavery, then slavery is what you will receive. We are supposed to have a republic and the democratic process was only confined to what government could do within the boundaries of the Constitution. Obviously, that option doesn't exist any more. The only way this changes now, is with a lot of blood. Nobody likes talking about it, very few even want to. Best not to poke the wound any more.
    Part of a civil debate is simply stating your argument without emotions. You don't have to be good at it. I personally like having you around, Tac. I think I get what you are saying, but you are going to have to elaborate on why you do not agree if you would like any more feedback. Perhaps in your other thread we can uncover exactly why you think it is best to cling on to a government which does not exist, flying a military flag which does not represent the people, supporting a system which is broken and corrupt and operates outside the rule of law, and all of which is supported by people who are lost and dependent upon "government", --and perpetuated by a phony electoral system designed to control the outcome. If you still believe voting works in favor of liberty, then submit your evidence that it does.

If you or I, or any sovereign citizen supports and defends the Constitution, then by default everything the establishment is and does is in violation of our core principles. Since voting does not change these facts, as can be evidenced by the fact that all of this is still happening despite which party is voted for in the popularity contest, what is to be done?

Ganado and RightHand like this.
  13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I do and it falls on deaf ears, even here. If there are so many here that are in disagreement obviously I am not preaching to the choir here. It is all too little too late. It's just a matter of time until we have to pay the piper. Thing is we are broke.

14. Brokor

Honestly, I think we are *mostly* on the very same page, it's just that we may have slightly differing opinions about how to solve the problems and maybe our perspectives are a bit different concerning where we actually stand.

I see no problem, really. We are all freedom loving Americans, tried and true. At the end of the day, we stand together no matter what.

15. RightHand

I agree - I think most of us have similar feelings about the direction the country is heading. The problem I struggle with on a continuing basis, both here on SM as well in every day life, is that all I ever hear is complaining. What I never hear is what anyone is willing to do to effect a change. On a public forum, I don't expect anyone to promote what might be perceived as seditious speech but I hope that it is a case of complaining publicly and acting privately. While I don't agree with Tac on the voter testing proposal, at least he is offering a suggestion.

Economics was the major impetus that set the stage for the American Revolution, the rest came after the clamor inspired by taxation. Are we not in a similar situation now? Maybe, as a nation, we haven't yet reached that matrix where insurrection is seen as the only solution and maybe it isn't but if we continue on the road we are traveling, it will be in the not too distant future.

Ganado, Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  16. Brokor

If we were to actually talk about solutions, I propose that people first dispel the many myths and illusions which surround them.
    I have taken it as a personal duty to attempt to inform people without possessing a biased opinion, but it doesn't count for anything as long as folks hold on to the dream which is democracy and continue to play the blame game, pointing fingers at the opposing political party. The truth is very stark, and it requires the people to be bold and stand strong in the face of this pervasive darkness. But, ultimately, the people outnumber them -and that alone is something to remain positive about. If we can choose to eliminate our many falsehoods and erroneous beliefs and stand as one, there isn't anything we cannot accomplish.

But, getting past that first step can be quite a challenge.

Ganado, Byte, RightHand and 1 other person like this.
  17. RightHand

Exactly!

Ganado likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7