Not Gunkids .22 Rifle....But Better!!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Yard Dart, Jun 8, 2018.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    from Brazil. I guess you carry a hammer to fire it...

[​IMG]
    sort of a revolver - 4 x 22lr. Looks well built. The weapon is currently being produced and sold in Thailand.

[​IMG]
    illegal twice... This one from "gun-free" Australia

Couldn't find a 'classic' zip gun made from an automobile antenna...

2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

The Brazilian masterpiece looks like there is a spring inside the rear portion, and the big nut on the back is pulled and snapped loose to fire. At least it's a real pistol barrel.

I looked and couldn't find any 'classic' zip guns. I even included the word Detroit in my search. I remember then being as simple as a length of car antenna attached to a 2x4 with a few wire fence staples, and a simple door latch as a firing mechanism with a rubber band or screen door spring for power. No machining, no woodwork, single shot. Flip the cocked latch upward and the spring slammed it into the primer. Brass antenna tube usually split or expanded during firing.

This one is a 36" .50 caliber muzzle loader barrel with .25 ACP (small pistol primer only) ignition. It's my proof test rig, but it illustrates how simple the classic car antenna .22 short or CB Proof test rig. zip gun was.

oldman11, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

IMG_20180926_114850. IMG_20180926_114850.
    This is one of my favorite s, Remington 540XR. That day I shot a 50 yard target as shown.

IMG_20180926_115951.

3M-TA3, Motomom34, Alf60 and 4 others like this.
  4. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

This target is part of a online comparison of different rifles on another forum. People always say my , insert name here, rifle is really accurate, so what is really accurate? the Results are about what you would expect, cheap semi auto's like the Marlin 60 are ok, along with a few other standard .22's.Stock Rugers are a little better or the same, modified Rugers are much better, close to the same as Savages and the older Remingtons, Winchesters, Mossbergs etc. CZ's are better in general along with a Kimber 82g. Oddly no one entered an Annie or a couple other high dollar rifles forum members had. There was some overlap with all the rifles up to this point. The next level were actual Target rifles that all did well, meaning a few European rifles and my Remington 540XR. By far the most accurate entered was a Remington 40X. All one hole exact centered bullseyes. This just a sample of a few dozen rifles on the honor system. Some targets were cherry picked, some were not. Mine was not. Most were shot out in the weather wind and all. No it is not scientific, but it started when a guy said his buddy could beat high dollar rifles with his Marlin 60. We decided on a friendly comparison. BS like that is aggravating to serious posters. I have a match winning CZ that probably would have done well. I didn't have time to find out.

3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. natshare
  3. Matei
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. hot diggity
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Dont
  9. oil pan 4
  10. Oddcaliber
  11. Yard Dart