not quite sure if this the right place

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snowbyrd, Dec 16, 2010.

1. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

When was the last time you climbed a tree? How do you stay young at heart? Stone skipping, kite flying, waterfights with balloons and squirt guns? Killing flys with rubber bands. Just being 'silly'? I love to get down in the dirt with kids and play with 'tonka' trucks. Hey, it's winter make a snow angel. Snow forts. I feel we need to become kids again, I am 50+ but I won't lose my 'kid'. Act your age....the worst thing you can ever say to anyone. People think they have to act in a certain way because everyone else tells them to. WRONG! Let the kid in you out, feel free to do the fun things you used to when you were a kid. b::
    Life should not be so serious that you can't laugh, dance in the rain and 'make a fool of yourself'. (in other peoples eyes) Oh well I guess I'll go wade in a fountain. Oops all froze up now.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[applaud] It's all true!

Enjoy it! It's your life - make it what you want. Live it!

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I'll NEVER grow up...that can be FATAL!

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I play with Sidewalk Chalk.... :)

There was a group of people that got upset about the number of suicides among school age children...and started a Worldwide "Messages of Hope and Encouragement"..by writing on sidewalks near Schools, Libraries, Shopping Malls, etc....Positive messages.

One of my friends joined....and got me involved.Since then, I found the Dollar Tree has packs of Sidewalk Chalk with 20 huge pieces for $1...and I buy them 3 at a time...and yes, I use them.
    It's fun playing outdoors, writing on sidewalks....I've even had kids come up and join me....They like adding pictures to what I wrote....

It's just fun. That's all...:)

And hopscotch is pretty fun too , but hell on the knees at my age.. ;)

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Water gun and water balloon wars FTW! I am the all time Champeen water gunner at my house, my son is the water balloon Grenadier from HELL. My Daughter swings a pretty mean water hose (she calls it her "machine gun"). We play board games and video games together all the time, and we ALL love to watch cartoons together. Nothing better than a good Warner Brothers or Tex Avery classic 'toon with your Oreos and milk!

6. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

A few years back I was climbing around in some scrub pine out camping. I'll never do that again! Took a week to get all the pitch off my skin!

As dragonfly stated, growing up is fatal! I refuse to do it! b:: I still love all the same hobbies. Computers, rocketry, model building, hunting, shooting, camping, riding my quad & mc, 4x4'n, and on and on.

Byte

7. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

thats one reason why we have paintball courses and lazer tag and still play capture the flag. Sniping people from within deep cover is fun.

8. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

I knew some would understand. Lost alotta friends lately, they all loved being 'kids. I love the looks of people when they see me in a tree, mostly they shake thier heads and walk on. I like to think that they want to do the same thing but are 'too old'. LOL[dunno]
    You are as old as you feel? Maybe as you act?
    My 'cuz skinned her knees when the shopping cart hit the speed bump in the parking lot, explain that to her 'hubbie'.[beat] Hey, she and I are kids again when we are together. I love life, too short to be 'grown ups' all the time.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7