Not really new, but...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Expendable, Jan 4, 2012.

1. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

Well, I'm not really new here. In fact, I'm old, but I've been gone for a while so a re-introduction might be in order. Some of you know me from a different forum. I was very active there, but things were starting to get way too political. There was lots of name-calling and mud-slinging from a vocal minority who couldn't understand why there might be some who didn't support their choice for president.

I don't put a lot of stock in wing-nut conspiracy theories. I know a lot of people in our community get their information from Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura, and, well... I'll try to bite my tongue. But the way I look at it, there are enough real things to prep for without worrying about earth's poles shifting, or the Mayan's doomsday calendar or a collision with Nibiru. I also am not a Truther, or any of the other fringe groupies. I'm more of a realist. I don't believe in FEMA death camps or the imminent invasion of America by blue-helmeted soldiers rounding up citizens and shipping them off in boxcars. If you believe that stuff, fine. Like I said, I will try to bite my tongue.

As far as political stuff, I may disagree with you, but I am not someone who resorts to calling names. I try to remain civil in my discourse, and respect others' right to have their own opinion, even if I don't agree. I don't mind having political discussions, and I try to see other sides than my own. I am not one of the "99 Percenters". If you are... well... yeah.

I am in central Florida, and have been my whole life. I got interested in prepping after reading "One Second After" about three years ago. Of course, I'm not where I want to be yet, but how many of us are, right?

Anyway, enough of that. That's who I am. This is where I got my start as a "preppervivalist" (©2009, The Expendable), and it looks like I've come full circle.

Sapper John, tulianr, ghrit and 5 others like this.
  2. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Glad to see you here Expendable!
    I was hoping some others would come over from the trolls nest that it's become over there.
    This is the fourth time in 3yrs that site has come apart from the lack of proper moderation.
    It's a shame really.It was a good place for Florida residents to network with their neighbors.
    Oh well!That's what happens when you allow a couple of bananna spiders to infest the tree.
    Matt

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Welcome back! I remember you. A fellow Floridian. I hope you are warmer than I am this chilly AM.(y)

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Welcome home,TE. We have our political rants going here, but they are (mostly) civil; the primates keep them in the right places, not strewn all over the board. Glad to see you again.

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

welcome back to the tree....

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Actually TE, if we don't put them in the right place, some of the grumpier olde moderators tell us where to stick it. Or else they jam it where it is supposed to go. All in all a very painful process.[stirpot](y)

larryinalabama likes this.
  7. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Damn it... you just reminded me I gotta go to the hardware store to pick up some wing-nuts to fix my granddaughter's bike... Ya think I can buy them cheaper at the Local FEMA camp... I'll be driving past there in the morning... LOL

Cephus likes this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Can I send my kids to camp FEMA in the summer? It'll get them out of the house. Welcome TE. Glad to have you around!

9. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

That's whut happin's when y'all have dem dere "S&M Moderators",y'all talked bout.
    Matt[whipem]

10. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome back to the Monkey tree...

11. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

Thanks for the warm re-welcome, everyone. Tac, yeah, I remember you too. You're not too far from me, IIRC, up toward ONF, right? Matt, yeah, the troll just got to be too much to deal with. And I thought "I" was hard to get along with! :)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7