Not specifically for survival...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by gunbunny, Dec 12, 2013.

1. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

But for the sheer fun of putting big holes through heavy things!

About the .460 Rowland Cartridge | .460 Rowland

I remember carousing the pages of Brownells' catalog about fifteen years ago, and seeing the .460 Rowland conversion available for a 1911. I had a couple of 1911's at the time, but they weren't of the manufacturers on the recommended list. The frames were not hardened, and would eventually fail with this round.

I sold my 1911's a few years ago and went with a Glock21, never looking back (well, maybe for a Sig 1911). I just came across the website for the .460 Rowland, and they have kits for the Glock21.

Can you imagine .44 Magnum power with a standard magazine capacity of 12 rounds?

Yowza

Maybe after I'm out of college I can afford to get a kit and a bag of empty casings.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to make a subsonic round with a 300gr bullet: Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Bullets :: Handgun :: Choose by Caliber :: .452 45 CAL :: 45 Cal .452 300 gr XTP® Mag

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    melbo, Mountainman and Brokor like this.
  2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

If the wife didn't like her G21 so much I would be all over this. Guess I will have to stay with my G20.

3. gunbunny

According to the grapevine (to be released during the 2014 SHOT show) the new Glock 41 is going to be a long slide version of the G21. If that's true, then I WANT. I'll wait for the new longslide .45 and ask Mr Rowland if he'll make an extended, ported barrel for it. 6" Glock 41 in .460 Rowland... Oh yes...

Mountainman likes this.
  4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

That G-21 kit has a 26 round mag. wow.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  5. gunbunny

With one of those magazines attached, they should just call it "The Magnum Machine"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  6. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

This has got me to thinking about an upgrade for my 1911...

7. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

If that comes out I will be getting one!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7