Not sure where to put this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CRC, Oct 11, 2005.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Does anyone else read this besides me?

The daily Police Officer Down site....

http://www.odmp.org/index.php

There has been 121 Line of Duty Deaths in 2005!

I read this every day....Feel like writing and saying Thank you for doing a thankless job some days...and when people write in blasting our officers...I just ...well..It's not nice what I want to go do to them.......

Sail On..... :(

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Thanks for the heads-up on that site! A couple years back, one of our local Officers was gunned down by a low-life, when he responded to a domestic disturbance. He was a high-school buddy of mine, and he left his wife and two small kids. He was one of the best!
    There are a few who wear a tarnished badge, but so very many more doing a tough thankless job, protecting the public.
    My hat's off to all the boys and girls in blue!! 8)

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Seawolf? He might be on that site....You can go back..I did to find my best friends brother..and he was killed by another officer who was drunk..over a bag of freaking Dorito's.....

I am not going to go there today....Nope..not today......

4. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

There truely are both good officers and then those who wear a badge that I wont mention the terms to fit them. I have lived in areas where there was a mix but mostly good officers then had the displeasure of a few years in an area where the things wearing badges were a lower form of scum than the other criminals and now am fortunate enouph to be in an area where I have not encountered any wearing a badge that were less than fine and honorable officers who are truely there to serve and protect.
    I mention this just to kind of point out that those blasting cops may have very good basis from those they encounter in thier own areas. I have seen some wearing a badge set back in thier cruiser less than a block from a call takeing radar when a person was being victimized and also have watched them refuse to arrest paroleys for kicking in a mans door to drag him out of his house and beat him while threatening to take the victim to jail but refuseing to give him a ride off the block. On the other hand I have seen fine officers who would go above and beyond to help folks out or to settle a problem as mediators. So it is true that folks cant be judged by appearance, even if the appearance includes a badge.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7