Now this is a handful !!!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Cephus, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Gator 45/70, UGRev and Alpha Dog like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Cephus, Alpha Dog and oldawg like this.
  3. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Not THATS a True DoubleStack !!!

4. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Why two triggers with only one slide? Every pull is sending 2 rounds down range.

Sent using Tapatalk

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hmm...

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Somehow, they say it is an option, selectable. I imagine that's an extra cost future option. But I wonder why bother? 460grains of hardball seems sufficient. the one in the vid is single trigger, I think.

Love to know the price, didn't see it. That said, not knowing is an advantage to me, won't ever know I can't afford it.

7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It looks interesting, but at the end of the day.....

It looks interesting, but at the end of the day.....it is likely to be an expensive novelty.

Interesting concept. I'm not sure how convincing the claims are.

Twice the projectile weight and propellant charge....twice the recoil, though, because the pistol is probably somewhat heavier than a traditional single barrel pistol, the added weight would somewhat mitigate the increased recoil. Greater recoil, greater recovery time to get follow on shots accurately targeted.

Two bullets fired inaccurately simulatiously has much the same effect on the target as one bullet fired inaccurately... (though the target may crap their pants just a little faster)...though it does double the potential for collateral damage.

Having a single slide, if there is a blockage in one chamber...that means that both chambers are out of action, in the same way that a blockage in the chamber of a single barrel pistol will put it out of action.

Having a wider profile will make the pistol somewhat less amenable to concealment on the person.

It looks cool, and it does have a very intimidating look to it, particularly if you look like one of the dudes from the "Breaking Bad" TV series that is holding it.

As a SWAT weapon, you will have the dubious reputation of being a guy who can p!ss off firers to the right AND the left of you with cases ejected simultaneously.

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Gives new meaning to the word double-tap....

9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Two rounds impacting side by side would create a serious wound channel.

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I'll bet getting the link retaining pin into BOTH links on reassembly is FUN....... :D

oldawg likes this.
  11. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

The more I think about it the more I think I have the answer to why two triggers. If they had one trigger and both barrels fired at the same time BATF would call it a machine gun.

Still no matter how you slice it, other than for artistic purposes, it is a waste of good metal.

Sent using Tapatalk

12. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

They claim the "single shot" grouping at 15 yrds is the size if an orange...

They also sell it with the triggers either separate or married, so the BATF issue may or may not be moot.

13. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

A tacti-cool piece for folks with more dollars than sense.

I can't think of a single good reason for purchasing one...

14. bpaintx

bpaintx Monkey+++

What happens is you have one chamber not feed, will the recoil work the slide fully with only one round going off? Not to mention the guys math is waaayy off, 4000 grains is only 18 230 .45 projectiles, not 30 like he said.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7