NWR or a New World Religion questions and opinions please

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by OldDude49, Feb 1, 2021.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

was thinkin... SEEMS the left is aiming for something different and attacking most all of our current religions...

so thought to myself... what kinda thing would be put in place of such...

or would they try to combine as many of the current ones as possible but retain control???

or would it be like things are in China... ordering them to say this or that or else???

(which is pretty much a form of control IMHO)

given the claims made about some current politicians and what they've been up to...

what would be allowed and not allowed in such???

example... and reasoning behind said example would be good... ?

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I think that a NWR is likely to contain as much B.S. and as much human manipulation as existing / and now defunct OWRs: Such is the nature religion as a human cultural construct. A NWR is as like to attempt to impose a hegemony over humanity ( for humanity's good of course) in the same way as OWR have tried to replicate themselves through conquest and/or by brainwashing (among a number of other tried and tested methodologies).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Dunerunner likes this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

your reply does not seem unreasonable... and to a degree... imho... is valid... but only to a degree...

not to say conquest and brainwashing has not occurred... but not in all religions and not everywhere...

hope more people think on it all and respond...

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I am reminded of an old SciFi book by Robert Hienlien....(as Anson MacDonald)

[​IMG]

Sixth Column, also known under the title The Day After Tomorrow, is a science fiction novel by American writer Robert A. Heinlein, based on a story by editor John W. Campbell, and set in a United States that has been conquered by the PanAsians, who are asserted to be neither Japanese nor Chinese. Originally published as a serial in Astounding Science Fiction (January, February, March 1941, using the pen name Anson MacDonald) it was published in hardcover in 1949. It is most known for its race-based premise.

Sixth Column - Wikipedia
    the Wiki is a fair layout of the story and portrayal of racism - on both sides.
    The remains of the US Army use a new 'religion' as cover for their clandestine war against the PanAsian conquerors of the West.

1941 was a point in history where the "Yellow Menace" was a real hot topic for the propaganda machines of the Western world, much as Germans had been pilloried by the (execrable) W Wilson back in the day..

My point - many things can hide inside of a "religion" - we've seen a lot here in the US - from Moonies, to the likes of the Branch Dravidians, splinter "Mormon" groups and the infamous (and murderous) cult of Louis Farrakhan....

Many would describe the whole of the "econuts" (Greenies, Global warmists/alarmists, and "Gaia" worshipers) as a kind of new religion. These folks make Wiccans look pretty mainstream.
    I would be hard pressed to argue otherwise, except for the lack of an umbrella 501(c)3 infrastructure and 'services', outside of the odd riot, sabotage or splashy media event.

Given the current trend in stats, much, but not all, old school "organized religion" in the US is suffering from shrinking attendance, aging population base, loss of social credibility and in many cases is folding in a major way..

Hard to say of the Left is looking at - other than controlling every aspect of 'your' life to fit their idea of what is 'right'.- something I don't see as ending well, for anyone.

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Thankyou for referencing the novel by Robert A. Heinlein....it is downloadable as a free .txt or .pdf file from a number of sources: the following being but one such source.
    Sixth Column - PDF Free Download

I downloaded it as a .txt file, played around with the font style and formatting (wordwrap activated) and saved it as a .pdf file which makes the ebook more readable. It was a good find...thank you

6. toolbelt99

toolbelt99 Monkey

"You won't like what comes after America." ~Leonard Cohen

johnbb and DKR like this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

New World Religion?

8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Organized religion is almost always about politics, power, grift or any combination of the three. Rarely does it embrace actual spirituality beyond the minimal exterior trappings required to draw in the masses. "New World" anything belongs to he that has been given dominion over the Earth. Enter at your own peril.

apache235, Minuteman and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I’m not the doom and gloom type and I believe this American experiment is worth saving. It will take considerable clean-up but believe me it would be worth the effort. No one will enjoy any of the alternatives except those within the power and control sectors.

3M-TA3 and johnbb like this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

This American experiment is worth saving, if one looks at what it has accomplished it is amazing. I hope there are enough of us around to save it. Unfortunately IMO the deck is stacked against us the government schools, the media, our own government are working against us. Example what our universities are filling these heads of mush with----
    Stanford University IT released an index of “harmful language” that it recommends be erased from the school’s websites. The list includes the terms “American” and “Hispanic.” It's funny how we have raised generation of wimps who find words as offensive as a punch in the face --what ever happened to "sticks and stones may break bones but words will never harm me"

magicfingers likes this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The “Whimpification of American Youth” orchestrated by the FemiNazi’s of the NEA… Participation Trophies, instead of Outcome based Recognition… Fortunately we have a growing number of Women who repudiate these ideas and teach their children to be strong, critical thinking individuals. who demand their God Given Rights be observed, or face the consequences…It is not the men who went to the School Board Meetings and told them that “ Critical Race Theory” was a steaming pile of BS, and your not teaching that to my kid…. I have seen it happen, many times when my children were in public school. It wasn’t called that back then but the core concepts were the same…

3M-TA3, Minuteman and johnbb like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7