NY: only buy limited ammo every 90 days

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Legion489, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

2. phorisc

phorisc Monkey++

does this include reloading? I assume they dont monitor the amount of gunpowder/lead/shells you buy...

3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

NY? I wouldn't bet on it.. It will probably be amended when they realize their "loophole".

Yard Dart and phorisc like this.
  4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I worked in the North for a hair less than 2 years when I headed back south.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Will never pass Constitutional Muster at the Federal Appeals Court level... And will they carve out a .MIL, and LEO exemption? What about Competition Shooters? Can be Challenged in Federal Court on "Restraint of Trade" via Commerce Clause... The UpState Sheriffs will never inforce it, and will put pressure on their Local Senators, to oppose it in the State Senate...

pearlselby likes this.
  6. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Can one even buy reloading supplies in NY? If so, they will want to limit it to an oz of powder and 2 dozen primers every 90 days...and outlaw possession of more than that.

As you well know BT...that depends on the appeals court. And who knows what the makeup of SCOTUS will be by the time it gets there.

You sound like you think they actually decide these cases based on the constitution...
    [peep]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I buy both ammunition and reloading supplies while I can. In addition I police up brass and dive into the trash cans for calibers of interest at the range.

IMO, you can buy food and ammo today. However, I am certain that come tomorrow and many tomorrows after, they won't stop you from buying food.

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

@Tikka I too am a brass whore. I pick it up whenever where ever I can. Doesn't matter to me If I can shoot it or not. It all gets cleaned and if nothing else, used as trading stock for something I can use. Especially the odd calibres and big magnums. Anything with a Weatherby head stamp is worth good bucks for example.

I wouldn't count on that last. Control the food, you control the world-straight from the Blue Helmets themselves.

Gator 45/70, stg58 and Yard Dart like this.
  9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@Tully Mars
    I buy a lot of 640 to 1K boxes of ammo. The UPS driver must be a shooter because he always gives me a big grin when he hands me a box. He has also commented on my Pitts saying hi.

I know how to use the mil-dot system. That means I know the difference between the POI (point of impact) of IMI M193 and Privi's version.

Very true, my friend. However, so far there isn't any issues buying food; yet, ammo seems to gather a lot more attention.

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The Communists are routinely trying to pass legislation like this every damn day.
    I only care about what actually passes, so I know how much time I've got until folks restart the 1776 way of dealing with tyrants.

11. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

I wish there was reason to be this confident.

pearlselby likes this.
  12. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

There are plenty of states around that will have ammo/gun stores willing to sell to NY residents.

Gator 45/70 and pearlselby like this.
  13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yep, so they will make it illegal to import or possess. Once they get a foothold, it's hard to stop. Look at the "banned list" about half of the guns on it were not there to start, but it was easy to add guns to the list, even guns that had NEVER been used in a crime.

Gator 45/70 and Legion489 like this.
  14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

GOG, Gator 45/70, Legion489 and 4 others like this.
  15. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I don't disagree on the import of guns, but the ammo side is would be very difficult to track with cash buyer.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. kellory

They don't have to track it they just have to pass a law. If they make that law felony and you're caught they get your guns - as well

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. kellory

If I recall correctly New York has already arrested one individual for having one too many bullets in his gun.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Excellent picture @Yard Dart! Right now they are rolling wonder wth we are doing?

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  19. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

When it comes to ammo, there are lots of "news" (I use the term loosely) stories about some "survivalist" or whatever who had "10,000 (or whatever, million, billion, etc) rds of ammo" in his house/storage unit/bunker/buried and the local idiots... er... feds were more than happy to steal it...er... "remove the dangerous/hazardous [to whom is never asked or stated] items for the good of the sheeple".

As to food, as soon as the guns and ammo is gone, what do you think will be next on the hit parade? FOOD! Want to keep the sheeple in line? No gardens (go see the one about the grandfather who was arrested for gardening posted in the tinfoil hat section), no collecting rain water, line up for your daily ration of slop... er... "soup" (probably soylent green) and kiss your masters as... ah... rear and pull the forelock to show thanks you got that. Don't believe it? Go look up the UN standing orders about "food as a weapon that we will not hesitate to use..." and then tell me I'm wrong.

20. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Legion

You are completely correct.

Jim

1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. OldDude49
  4. oil pan 4
  5. Oddcaliber
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. deMolay