NY: only buy limited ammo every 90 days

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Legion489, Jan 4, 2016.

1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Next will be a requirement for "smart" reloading presses that monitor how many rounds are created and send reports directly to some alphabet agency when the legal limits are exceeded. [cow]

Primers, powder, etc. can be purchased anywhere...like during a road trip to Joisey or PA...and I'd love to see them running around trying to identify who might possess reloading components. Should be fun to watch!

Till they ban cash.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

GOG likes this.
  3. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

No matter what you reload with, you still need cases, primers and powder (bullets can be made at home), which have to be bought and can NOT be made at home. OK, to be fair, I am constantly told all of these CAN be made at home, but no one can, or will, show me any proof, just "I can do it, but can't show you as it is secret" or some such hoowee. Amazing these people don't set up ammo factories to cash in if it is so simple and easy to do! All our masters need to do is ban any one of the above and we are SOL.

pearlselby, that spinning noise we all keep hearing is the Founding Fathers rolling over in their graves at the stupidity that is going on and at how far we have fallen.

4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Obeying unjust laws is the same as giving approval.

There are statistics somewhere that illustrate how many laws the average citizen unknowingly breaks in a single day. It was mind boggling. I figure that since the system is rigged I get some latitude on how I play the game.

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Nope, what you get is selective enforcement, and that is worse.

mysterymet and Legion489 like this.
  6. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Latitude. ;)

7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I never said it was "easy". I said it could/can be done with the proper equipment. You are correct, it isn't profitable today. Never will be for the home reloader. BUT having the means too just might be the difference PSHTF, THAT in addition to loving to do it is one of the reasons I've invested in the equipment to do so.

kellory, ghrit and Yard Dart like this.
  8. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I keep enough casings, primers, powder, bullets, shot, wads and hulls on hand to load up 1000 rounds of 45, a couple hundred rounds each of 9mm, 357/38, 7.62x39, 30-06, .308 and .223, as well as a couple of hundred each of 00 buck, slugs and #6 shot. That is in addition to what I have stacked for factory ammo and normal usage. My winter/spring project is to start casting my own bullets, shot and slugs. I don't see myself ever making my own casings, primers, powder or hulls tho.

Ammo will always be in demand, especially PSHTF.

Legion489 and Tully Mars like this.
  1. T. Riley
  2. duane
  3. OldDude49
  4. oil pan 4
  5. Oddcaliber
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. deMolay
  8. oil pan 4
  9. Grandpa Patch
  10. Bishop
    Thread