Oakland heating up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

the verdict was delivered today on the "bart platform shooting that made the rounds of the net(The handcuffed guy face down shot in the back by police in front of cell cameras and eyewitnesses. "Jury returned "Involuntary manslaughter" against officer,crowds are building; tensions are rising

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7534679

2. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

awesome excuse to get me a new teee beee!!

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Call de amblamps - he leaked.......! [rofllmao]

Sorry, my danged dark sense of humor again......

Seriously, I hope this doesn't result in more riots - that area really doesn't need that again.....

4. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

interesting comments... who says racism is "daid"..." buttwheate"(!!)

6. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

I didn't get into this story too deeply, but in the videos, he appears shocked that he actually shot the guy. If it's not intentional (I'm on the fence) then it's the stupidest move ever.

I will say this: They do make Tasers to "feel" like Glocks. AND - I know this will draw some flames - the half cocked light trigger on a Glock has always been an accident waiting to happen (JMHO)

YouTube - BART Shooting - UPDATED!!! NEW angle of the shooting!!!!

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Well, I am no expert but that looked like a negligent discharge to me -and by military standards he would be headed to prison for a mistake like that. Unfortunately, in civilian life, this cop won't do hard time.

Riots would be a welcomed change from my standpoint.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Ah well....... I seldom keep up with the 'bleeding edge' of news reporting. No paper, no TV, and I kep my Internut News to just the most important (to me) stories.

So, looks like typical Human Nature in the concrete jungle.

Have read of many "Glockccidents" happening - so if the cop 'busted a cap' by mistake on a prone and cuffed man - "doom on him", he SHOULD go to jail - Manslaughter at the least.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7