Obama Administration Targets C&R Rifles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Obama Administration Targets C&R Rifles

While not as popular as the AWB with the chattering class, this Legislative proposals would allow unelected bureaucrats to redefine C&R to exlcude semi-auto military surplus rifles. I'm sure Eric Holder would do right by collectors. rolleyes.

No chance of importation of M1 carbines, Garands, Hakims, G43's, SKS' etc. if passed.

Not as popular as the AWB but just another attempt to phughk you.

The Plan:
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/wh_now_is_the_time_full.pdf
    rolleyes.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Going after all of them...

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Oh what the efff!

Well, so much for my evil c&r plans! I guess they figured what I was up to. DAMN!

4. VisuTrac

I've seriously been waiting to see what happens to the S.Korean Garands and M1's. Praying that they'd be coming here soon.

I'm guessing that I'm pretty much screwed here.

Well at least I can use my C&R license to get a discount at Brownells and other parts suppliers.

5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Old warhorses are still just as effective as new ones--and at longer distances mostly. SKS, mosins, mausers, etc. still can put rounds where you want them---and that is precisely what scares them. Hoping all have what they need---and "food" for them. If you do not have reloading gear you might want to add it to your list. All my presses are mounted onto 2X6s with wing nuts securing them to the bench. They are easily removed if need be and have flip top containers to put all the goodies in--if need be. Think I am a nut.

6. VisuTrac

but I'd been keepin' and eye on those S. Korean garands, just waiting for them to be repatriated to the good 'ole US of A.

I'm betting that this is going to be a death knell.

7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

A garand converted to a machine gun? Kewl! BRRAAPP TING!, BRRAAPP TING!

Seawolf1090 and Sapper John like this.
  8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I am sure an enterprising BATFE trooper could 'easily modify' the Garand by cutting a slot in the bottom, slap in a rubber band or piece of string, and convert it to belt-fed! It'll be the next Youtoob sensation!

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Nothing to it. The sear is easily retainable---not that it should ever be done. Slap on a bipod and you would have a very formidable shooter. There is a firm somewhere that converts the mag well to detachables.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7