Obama being told they don't need his consent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpha Dog, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I find it amusing that every seems to concur with the idea that as a sovereign nation Israel doesn't need anyones permission to do as they please. Unfortunately however that whole sovereign nation thing works both ways and Iran doesn't need anyone elses approval to build a nuclear weapon. That being said, neither nation is innocent and both are belligerent nations. Only difference is Israel seems to have better PR people and counts on the "covenant" to ensure that the Christian world will back them no matter how many war crimes they commit, how many treaties they break, or how much they backstab their "allies".

ColtCarbine and chelloveck like this.
  2. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I find it quite hypocritical that a country that has refused to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty should have any voice on the issue of who can own nuclear weapons. Israel is beating a war drum over Iran, yet Israel has yet to allow the International Atomic Energy Agency access to their nuclear arsenal which is reportedly 200-500 war heads.

The Orthodox Jews do not even support the Zionist State of Israel.

Why Orthodox Jews are opposed to the Zionist "State"

The article is BS smoke and mirrors, the United States will tow the line and come to Israel's defense do not kid yourselves.

chelloveck and Redneck Rebel like this.
  3. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Man don't ya just love the way people just twist this and that to fit what they want .
    There's just to much BS in the room for me so I'll just go to another !!

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Im not pulling for either side Im just saying we have no business in it. Let these to countries handle their own. Our goverment should be working on fixing what they have screwed up here. My point with Isreal is why should they take advise from a man like O-dumba$$ who has destroied one of the most powerful countries in the world we don't even trust what he tells us. I should say even though I don't like the man O-dumba$$ is not the only one who has practiced this. The US has been sticking their nose in where it dont belong in the name of peice, justice and the welfare of the world for years. Im just saying it's not our business and the only concern the US and the rest of the world has in this is oil and money.

ColtCarbine and Cephus like this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Saying Israel is a sovereign nation and if they choose to swat Iran it isn't our business is the reality of it.
    On the other hand, nor am I naive enough to believe 0bama's diplomatic skills will somehow say the day.

My only interest in the ME, is to wonder what got our nose in Egypt, Syria etc? All I see are the results which are the region is totally destabilized.

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Boondoggling can be an art form here at SM

Goodness Cephus....twisting and turning things around is a commonplace at this site....the more emotive is the issue, the greater is the probability of it being pretzeled.

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

In the grand scheme of things, we the USA do NOT have the right to forceother nations to not be able to possess nuclear weapons if they feel they need them and can affordr to buy or develop them. Just as I have NO right to object to my neighbor having a gun in his home.
    BUT.... in either case, the nation (or neighbor) must be made to realise that misuse of the weapon WILL have very dire consequences.

As to Israel being or not being 'Jewish'....... What's that got to do with the price of bacon in Baghdad? WE call ourselves a Christian Nation, but our government acts otherwise.......

[peep]

At the end of the day, this is a problem between the Middle Eastern Nations, and should be decided by THEM, not us. Another very good reason to get ourselves off the mideast oil teat. Maybe $8 a gallon gas as the tankers go further to avoid the radioactive hole where Iran once was will encourage our 'leaders' to actually do that....?

ColtCarbine and Alpha Dog like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7