Obama giving away Alaska to the Ruskies?

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by CATO, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

Alas, my internet connection is too slow for video :(

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It's almost as if you live in the middle of nowhere, Alaska or something. =P

3. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

Lol, the good news is that I'm not too worried about zombies ;)

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, zombiEs don't travel well thru tundra and forest when there are NO roads or trails, and last time I checked zombies can NOT Operate mechanical vehicles, like boats, or aircraft.... So zombies are not really an issue up here...

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I read the article referenced in the OP, and it occured to me that it reads like something out of the film script, 'The Russians Are Coming'

The Japanese barely managed to gain a toe hold on a couple of outlying islands in the Aleution Archipeligo in WWII. I think the Russians and the Chinese would have a tough time doing anything meaningful with Alaska, and the cost of trying to do so, may not be worth the rewards of trying and succeeding. It would be much easier for China to just to call in its markers for American debt, and offer to take Alaska ...and maybe Hawaii as payment for clearing the Debt. No Nukes, no bombs, no wars: Just some white collar banking and real estate transactions.

Aleutian Islands Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The article in the OP is worthy of 'The Onion'.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I got a better Idea... If the Chinese call in our Debt, We just tell them, "to Pound Sand" and if the give us ANY Grief, we just pull a Third World, on them, and nationalize ALL their Assets, inside our country. What are they going to do about it? Send over a Nuke? We would just Glass Parking Lot their who country...
    It is not as if they have paid us back, for WWII, or anything..... and that is what third world countries DO, and isn't that what Obummer is trying to make our country into????? ..... They get what they deserve, [GR]and we do without Wally World, for a while.... and build a few New Steel Plants.... Oh yea and we send them all our Liberal School Teachers, and College Professors, with One Way tickets, and revoked PassPorts.... You like the commies so much, [alien]you can live over there.... [moved]

oldawg likes this.
  7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I don't think that there is any immediate prospect of China actually taking that road...their economic development is too dependant on existing trading relations continuing at the moment, and it works for their economic growth for WallyWorld to keep Americans supplied with the kind of imported stuff that the USA used to manufacture for itself. What I am suggesting is that the Chinese will leverage America's indebtedness to achieve it's own strategic goals. America will become less vulnerable to that kind of threat when its citizens give up their addiction for cheap imports purchased on credit.

I have no particular affection for the PRC, but the imbalance of trade between the two countries will have its consequences further down the track, regardless of what you, or I think about the matter. A huge debt default by the USA would pretty much destroy its own economy, not withstanding any assets it may expropriate from the PRC via nationalisation.

tulianr likes this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Oh, I wish I could remember movie titles...Are you a fan of cheap zombie culture? I recall a very low budget zombie flick based on two guys out in the middle of nowhere, snowville --picking off random zombies in the frozen wastelands. As I remember, I rather enjoyed it.

Sorry I can't find a copy, I thought @enloopious was a BIG fan. He might know if anybody does.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7