Odd guns

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Nov 20, 2018.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

ring-pistol.
    Don't have this gun but I'd like to.

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70, Zimmy and 4 others like this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I hope it's engraved with a crawfish because if you are down to that to save your life you need to be backing up fast.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Old Winchester 38/40 mfg.late 1800's

oldawg and AndyinEverson like this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Does a 7 round .30 caliber gas seal revolver with a 20# trigger pull count as odd?
    and it might be 18# in single action.

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

@VisuTrac, That's a winner! [winkthumb][winkthumb]

It gets extra points for looking like it was designed by Dr Seuss! The firing pin is laughable, although required by the forward moving cylinder. The whole gas seal system, intended to squeeze out a but more power, also makes it possible to use a suppressor on this revolver. The ONLY revolver that can claim that. The round itself is unique for reloaders since it's an unusually small semi-rimmed case with the bullet seated below the neck and then the case slightly crimped. Yes indeed, the Nagant revolver is an odd duck.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    GOG, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 1 other person like this.
  6. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I had a nagant with over 1000 rds ammo and somebody wanted more than i did,a little over $1000.00. I took the money and got a smith Wesson ..44 special,a sucker is born every minute. Now I have two smith Wesson .44 specials,so I guess they will count as odd guns,as there are not many out there and very little ammo.

GOG, VisuTrac, Zimmy and 1 other person like this.
  7. hot diggity

Reising M65. This was the USMC trainer for the Reising M50. Same controls, and pretty close to the same weight. The action is cycled via a rod that's accessible inside a large slot in the forend.
    Reising.

8. hot diggity

Daisy 118

KIMG3016.

GOG, reloader762, VisuTrac and 2 others like this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

......only production revolver, Knight's Armament (for sure) and Tim laFranche (maybe) did modifications on a couple of different Ruger revolvers (GP100 was the first in the late 80s or early 90s and more recently Redhawks) to suppress them.
    The Target/Commercial versions of the Nagant were very popular here in the 80s.

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  10. hot diggity

Nice catch Andy. A better mouse trap! Uncle Sam also modified a few S&W Model 10's and 29's in the 1960's but they were dismal failures. Perhaps the word first would be better. With the forward moving cylinder and gas seal production ammunition the Nagant design was suppressor ready right off the drawing board.

I've seen the target Nagant's. Very nice. My production model isn't bad, but I have an ammunition issue. My reloads with case converted .223 Remington brass shoot smaller groups than the same load in Fiocchi brass.
    I never want to do that case conversion again, but I now have to solve the mystery of why it is more accurate.
    (I suspect case capacity, and/or wall thickness is the answer)

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. hot diggity

FAL .22 conversion.

FAL .22 conversion.

GOG, oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. hot diggity

By modern standards, these are now odd. KIMG3017.

VisuTrac, GOG, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I wouldn't really count this, but it's the best I can do.

Rossi Tuffy

tuffy1. tuffy2.
    Overall length: 29.5"
    Barrel: 18.5"
    Weight: 3 lbs.
    Caliber: .410

For a single shot, break open "shotgun", I could see a use for this as a pistol in a Red Dawn scenario with minor (albeit illegal) alteration. More likely, used as an excellent backpack survival shotgun. Light weight, simple, affordable.

GOG, oldman11, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  14. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

This is a Ted William's Model 100 in .30-30 Win. They were manufactured by Winchester for sale in retailers like Western Auto, etc.

I recently had the metal ceracoated because most of it wouldn't take blueing since the barrel was about the only visible steel.
    I refinished the wood on it.
    It looks pretty good for a low buck rehab.
    20181102_161004.

15. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Well I have another,a smith Wesson model 16-4 .32 hr mag. You can shoot .32sw and .32swl in the same gun along with .32 hr mag . I might reem it out to .327 mag and then shoot .32 sw,.32 swl and .32 hr mag.

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. reloader762

reloader762 Boolit Master

Ted William's and Western Auto, that brings back some old memories.

GOG, oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Wasn't Western Auto "Revelation"? What was Coast to Coast's store brand?

Gator 45/70 and GOG like this.
  18. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I only owned one odd Gun and it wasnt really that odd. I had an old 30-40 Krag side loader for years. Sold it and went with a Thomson center Icon.

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70 and GOG like this.
  19. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Just trade for a Colt New Police .32,never been shot or its very clean with no turn line.

Gator 45/70 and GOG like this.
  20. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Pics of the Colt please.

I don't know who sold the Ted William's guns, maybe Sears?
    I rescued it just for sentimental reasons, I like oddball guns and everyone should have a lever gun, they're as American as apple pie.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7