Odd guns

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Yep. Ted Williams was a Sears-Roebuck brand.

GOG likes this.
  2. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I hope this picture image. comes thru.I know how now,will be able to post more .

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Colt New Police, yes? Looks great!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Does even have a turn line on cylinder
    Edit—when I die I hope my wife does not sale my guns for what I told her I paid for them.
    I think that is my only Colt,most of mine are Smiths

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Just landed a barrel and some parts to convert my old Win94 in .32 Win Special to .44 Rem.

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. hot diggity

Due to your location, I have to ask, is that .44 Remington C.F., or .44 Magnum? Some of my fellow cartridge collectors have made surprising trades with Australian collectors. Some obsolete stuff in the U.S. is still common there.

I like the Model 94. The real beauty of the lever guns for me is the variety of light, accurate, cast bullet loads I can dream up, without having to worry about them having sufficient power to cycle the action.;)

7. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

The oddest caliber I have ever owned has to be the 7.62 Nagant,you would have to see one to understand.

8. Andy the Aussie

The 94 is getting converted to .44Rem Mag. 32 Win Special is hard and expensive to buy and I have a 30/30 (in a 94 Trapper). .44mag is available about anywhere.

@oldman11 funnily enough the Nagant round use to be very very common here. Up till the early 90s it was a very common choice for precision centerfire match shooting here. Toz made a range of competition revolvers chambered for it. Gone a bit by the wayside now but I still see one on the range time to time.

9. hot diggity

.44 Rem. Magnum will probably be more fun to shoot too. :)

For a .32 Win Special reloader, as long as .30-30 Winchester brass and bullets are available it's a simple case conversion to bump the neck diameter up with the .32 die and trim to length. Loaded commercial ammo in .32 Winchester Special is scarce here as well.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

1907 Savage pistol in .380, .30 Mauser Broomhandle, 9mm Luger, .300 Savage Model 99, H&K VP-60Z 9mm (first "plastic" pistol in the US) Everything else is somewhat routine.

11. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I for got I have another odd one,the .22tcm in a 1911 and also in a rifle. The .22tcm 1911 will change over to a 9mm 1911 by changing the barrel and recoil spring only. The .22tcm in the 1911 is a flat shooting son of a gun. The only problem with the .22tcm is the availability of ammo,I buy it by the thousand and also have a great friend that reloads. Factory price for the .22tcm on the low end runs 0.40 to 0.50 a round. The rifle will shoot into a inch at one hundred yards if you do your part. The .22 hornet,.22 tcm,Colt .32 Police,.32 smith Wesson short.32 smith Wesson long,.32 hr mag,.41 mag,.44-40 and the .45/70. My .45/70’s are a Springfield trapdoor carbine a springfield trapdoor rifle and a browning1885 hi-wall,so you can see most of my guns are odd. The one I’m looking for now is the .38-40,rifle or revolver.

12. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I have a Daisy 22 LR bolt action take down repeater. I bought it new as a training rifle for kids decades ago when I was an instructor. I also installed a factory target trigger. It is all plastic with a lined barrel and adjustable stock.

13. I guess the oddest firearm I own is a CZ-52, 7.62x 25 m/m. Have a spare barrel for it in 9m/m Parabellum. Often wondered if it could be swapped out to .38 Sup. ACP.

GOG, D2wing and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. hot diggity

Back when 9mm Largo was cheap and plentiful we were looking at reaming a 9mm barrel to take the .38 Super and the 9mm Largo. We found barrels, but not it time to acquire a large enough stock of 9mm Largo to make it worthwhile. It seems to me that there was some other hitch as well. I'll ask around tomorrow and see if anybody remembers.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Isold my 9mm largo to my brother in law thirty years ago. About four years ago he committed suicide with it,shot himself while sitting on his front porch. I asked about the gun last year and found out his daughter had it. The largo was a mighty find shooting gun and if I am not mistaken you can shoot more than one caliber in it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. hot diggity

In longer chamber semi-auto's, anything that's of the same diameter will chamber, and be held in something like correct headspace by the extractor. I have quite a selection of blown out cases that fired while held by an extractor. .40 S&W in .45 ACP, 9mm in .40 S&W, 9mm Luger in 7.62x25 :eek: These shooters were blessed. If I mixed up some ammo I'd be the guy who eats a slide.

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Andy the Aussie

That's my .45ACP Mauser..

[​IMG].

JLRhiner, GOG, techsar and 3 others like this.
  18. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

that’s one I have always wanted. A good friend has one but it’s not for sale.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

How did you manage to pick up such cool pieces? Did you work in a gun/pawn shop once upon a time?

oldawg likes this.
  20. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I had one and regret trading it.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7