Odd guns

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

....as a matter of fact I did run a gun shop for a few years in the late 80s ;). With this one I bought the FN made M98 (it was in 30/06) for about $40 in maybe 1983 from a local saddlery in fact. It has a sewer pipe barrel but it was still a functional toy and back then I had access to a good amount of Aussie ADI made /06 at “the right price” (the army here used a varient of the 1919 right up into the 2000s). In the early 2000s or so I got a Rhineland .45 conversion out of Texas and shipped it home to myself around 2006. I eventually got around to getting the work done. It’s a neat toy !!! I saw lots of interesting and unusual things over the years, one of my favourite little collections were a bunch of 12ga pump guns that came out of Vietnam. Ithaca M37, Rem 870, Win 25, Win 12 (that one was a bring back separate to the rest) and a Stevens 77. All still have Vietnamese dirt inside when I stared cleaning them up.

GOG, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Not mine, although they could be if I could sneak them into the house. :)

I've only ever seen three Johnson rifles.
    KIMG3052.

3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I saw a good number of Johnson’s here pre-1996 (not common in shops but most gun shows you would see three or four around the tables). A company I did some work as a young’n got a bunch of them from somewhere (the owner travelled the world buying out suplus firearms from Govts) and imported them here, I believe there were a few hundred in the shipment.

That is how we ended up with a metric crap tonne of M14s (not M1As - they were also imported though) here, and Dutch contract AR10s. I had a pair of Winchester M14s but they didn’t get much love from me when I could just grab an L1A1 instead ;) :). Those were the days !!!!!

Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Mystery solved on the 9mm TTC and CZ52 barrels that have yet to be rechambered to 9x23mm. It wasn't for lack of ammo or trying. He has plenty of 9x23 Styer, and I have .38 Super and 9mm Largo brass. What's stalled the whole plan has been chrome lined barrels. I forgot about that little problem. It put a halt to the whole idea until we find non-chrome lined barrels. Since all the replacement barrels for these pistols are getting harder to find and more expensive, I'm not looking very hard.

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7