Off grid and off the beaten track

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OntarioLakeside, Sep 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hello all. Ive been reading the forums for a year or so and I have found a lot of great information. I thought It was about time I induced myself and shared some of our experiences that my help others here. We have been building a off grid water access cabin for about 4 years and have been documenting the process on youtube. We are not professional builders and we have made some mistakes, but hopefully we might inspire someone to get out of the city and build a place of their own. Please have a look, we would like to know what you think.

Thanks

Ontario Lakeside

Ganado, GhostX, hitchcock4 and 5 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing about your project!!

OntarioLakeside likes this.
  3. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Welcome from the great State of Jefferson.

4. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

Welcome to the forum!

5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

welcome
    always room to learn.

6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Happy to have you.

We learn from our mistakes. Perhaps we can learn from yours as well.

My mistake in such a situation would be attempting it in the first place. I can't cut, stand, or attach anything level, flush or square. I'm the world's worst carpenter.

Cut the end off a 2x4? Draw a nice straight line with a square, cut carefully with a circular saw, and the end of the board looks like the surface of the ocean. I have to say that at least I am consistent in that regard.:)

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Use 2 clamps and clamp a strait board down as a guide , this will help a lot.

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  8. Thanks all. !

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Welcome to the Monkey... sit back enjoy and share your experiences...

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Glad you joined us. That is quite an impressive collection of videos. You did an excellent job documenting. Thank you for sharing

11. Thanks everyone, Im really enjoying reading your posts!

12. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I've always had the mentality that failure and making mistakes are some of the best ways to learn. You end up teaching yourself what not to do next time and it has helped to keep me motivated to try again and minimize any discouragement. Sometimes positivity is key to success.

I wanted to say that your accomplishments are very impressive and I hope you keep up your drive to meet all your goals. Welcome to the forums. I think you will fit in great around here.

1. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. martha_mill
  4. DKR
  5. SurvivalJester
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. troybillett
  11. Jaywest
  12. Adam_L
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. DKR