Off Grid Camp Tour

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by thewildyam, Jan 17, 2016.

1. thewildyam

thewildyam Monkey

Hi guys,

This is a follow up to my post re: 10 x24 Foot Off Grid Cabin in the threads below. Link: (My Tiny Cabin in the Woods). Some of you have asked some questions about the camp itself. I made a video so you could see more of the surroundings. I'm interested in your feedback. It is definitely a work in process! We want to spend more time there in the future and will have to upgrade lots of things to do so.

Link: Camp Tour

~thewildyam

2. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Not 100% sure here - as I am getting old. But, was it you who posted, or probably stated in a video of yours, that you had a solar array? I don't think it was shown in the video, so I wasn't sure where it was located. Since the lot appeared to have a lot of shading, I was curious as to where the solar array was.

Was that you, perhaps? If not, my sincerest apologies.

3. thewildyam

thewildyam Monkey

Thanks for commenting. We just have the two panels for now. In the future, I will upgrade and get larger and many more panels. In that large field, the sun is on the panels most of the day depending on where I place them. For now, it just charges the battery. For now, the battery powers LED lighting inside. It is nice not to run the generator to make light!
    ~thewildyam

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
    Aeason and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  4. Asia-Off-Grid

Thank you for clearing that up. [coo]

biglaffbiglaff

5. Asia-Off-Grid

I love not having to buy fuel, and not having to hear anything while my solar array is "running". Unfortunately, I may have to buy a generator soon. Will probably look at buyin' one of those Honda 1,600 watts inverter jobs, at least until the home is finished in the province.

Anyway, great videos. Thank you for sharing with us.

thewildyam and Aeason like this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

As far as lighting goes, those wired Malibu lights, are 12 vt, LED. I have a string of them lighting up a hunting cabin. Runs off a deepcycle marine battery and a couple homemade solar panels keeps it charged up.

thewildyam likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Navyair
  4. martha_mill
  5. DKR
  6. SurvivalJester
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Cwmoore
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. CrazyJs
  14. Asia-Off-Grid