Off-Grid Living Casting Opportunity!

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by natureperson1212, Jun 1, 2018.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That's why I won't live anywhere without coconuts and bamboos. There isn't anything you can't make out of them from bra's to radios, vehicles, you name it. I have a grow operation in my garage for the coconuts, but bamboo is no problem outdoors here.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

They probably would....if necro-resurrection actually worked. ;)

3. ochit

ochit Monkey+

That wan't a documentary that was a Tv show called Gilligan's Island :ROFLMAO:

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

There is a program on Dish Network about folks building off-grid homes. They show some interesting methods of remaining "free".
    Could be the OP is working for a similar program?
    Don't trash talk him til you know the whole story.

Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

There was a group called "earth ship " I think that made unconventional homes in the desert and got shut down by the county .
    If your going to do stuff like that no matter how noble , "Keep your mouth shut " or the public will shut it for you .

Caveman Jim, 3M-TA3 and Tully Mars like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There may be interest in watching those reality type shows among the general public looking for drama, but we are not privy to the ratings nor the demographics. Matters little; we get about one of those recruiting threads a year by show producers trying to muster volunteers, in numbers they can pitch to network execs and sponsors. They have come in, posted up their ads, and disappeared, seldom to be seen or heard from again. Frankly, I see nothing about this deal that differentiates itself from any of the others in that genre.

Any monkey interested in giving up "some" privacy and OPSEC is welcome to contact them for more info if there is any interest regardless of monkey cynicism and sarcasm.

Trash talk is free fire in this type of thread (mindful of the CoC) since we know, based on experience, that:
    a) Show producers have VERY hard shells
    b) We'll more than likely never see nor hear from them again.

Regarding b), staff reads and reviews just about all posts, and will see if a poster returns, as well as seeing them on line. I remember ONE that came back. Never responded to queries on the forum, just repeated the pitch.

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Like they could fake a Soviet space capsule or all those warrior natives...:rolleyes:

Caveman Jim, Ura-Ki and ochit like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

If they'll buy all my needed gear and let me keep it , I'll hang out fer a while. I could use some solar and wind equipment.

chelloveck and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

This was the last time I gave a interview to a reporter. The ONLY things accurate in this piece are I usually do ride a horse to town instead of driving, I did move from a $500,000 house to a 1974 mobile home, and I often do work as a dish washer at a local hash shack that friend owns over the winter just to get out of the house and hang out with my friends at the hash shack. Never had a house foreclosed on, never filed bankruptcy, never had $50,000 per year living expenses and if you can find any property in IL that only has $48 per year in taxes you better snag it! To be fair the other articles and TV crap I was in were at least semi accurate but still very misleading and fluffed to one extreme or the other. This all started because I did a interview in 2009 for a magazine about raising hogs on pasture and what breeds fare better than others foraging..... Confessions of extreme penny pinchers - I became `quasi-Amish' (7) - CNNMoney

The point is the create a story that will get the target audience reading or viewing and care very little about reality or accuracy. Very often you read the article or watch the show about you and say "Who in the hell are they talking about Cause that sure ain't me in this piece" The second and greater point is you lose a lot of privacy that takes a good while to regain as people forget you. Then you get calls and emails from one after another whomevers that want to do a story or a tv piece to expand on the already mostly fictional story some jack ass created. My advice would be think very carefully before offering yerself to the Media Gods! Or the whole world will believe you are a unemployed dishwasher, that can't afford to drive so you ride a horse and live in financial ruin while spending $50,000 per year on Big Macs LOL.

10. chelloveck

'Reality' TV survival / self sufficiency / prepper series tend to be psycho-drama, where the psychos provide much of the drama. (that isn't already scripted) :rolleyes:

Motomom34 likes this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I would like to be on Alone. No speaking though. A vow of silence. I’ve watched the show every season and I’m confident I could make it far. First order of business is setting up my living quarters. In a tree. :whistle: I’ll need a little help with the application process please.

Ganado, chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  12. chelloveck

You'll need to roll the local off-grid HOA first. ;)

Ganado, Motomom34 and Meat like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7