Off Grid Living forum

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by melbo, Nov 13, 2010.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

We've been discussing this a lot lately in the staff forum.

The Alternative Energy forum has been renamed Off Grid Living. We've also designated Nadja as this new forum's 'Forum Leader".

We hope that the larger scope of OGL will allow more discussions on Off Grid and Homesteading and that the offered assistance of one who's living it now will aid others in the journey.

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

This is certainly a topic that holds a lot of interest for all of us. I'm looking forward to the discussions/ There is so much to learn

3. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Hello everybody. I am here to help you learn about off-grid living , since I have been doing it almost 15 years now. I am not an expert, but have been slowly adding solar and wind all of this time. During the course of living like this for so many years I have learned many many valuble and sometimes costly lessons, which I will gladly share with all of you who wish to know or are thinking of doing the same. Getting into powering your house, rv or BOL with solar is not nearly as hard as most people will lead you to believe, however it is somewhat expensive. But if you ask me, I will attempt to steer you in the right direction, which is usually much cheaper then the prof. installers will tell you. At the moment, I am adding 4 more panels to my exsisting system and completely re-configuring my entire system including all new wireing, charge controllers etc. So, since I am also attempting to beat the sure to come white stuff and freezing temps I will be sorta busy for a few more days. But will be here at least several times a day to try and answer any and all questions. Thank-you Nadja

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Nadja, thanks for volunteering for this, it should be a really good resource.

5. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Thank-you Ghrit, I just hope I can help people out before they pay way too much and are unhappy with the "prof sold and installed systems out there" There are so many make a quick buck artists who have jumped on the band wagon , and have no regards for the poor family who will have to live on what they have been sold, only to find out they either didn't need half the stuff they were conned into buying or that it won't do the job as needed.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7