Off grid soul searching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GhostX, Jan 9, 2017.

1. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

Eh, stupid topic, sorry. I'll just worry about it when I find her.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Mindgrinder and Aeason like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Small Town Church, after you make the move... OR Farmers Only.com.....[lolol]

Just remember this.... Women like Warm Out-House Seats, and plenty of Hot Water....

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

How about survivalist only or preppers only dot com.
    I don't think there is one. We should start it.

Don't go to bars. The only thing you will pickup there is the tab and VD.

Sgt Nambu, 3M-TA3 and Altoidfishfins like this.
  4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

[LMAO]

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Did you try talking to Cabin Lady?

6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

There are plenty of mountain women out there. Don't worry about finding one until you are established in your area and nearby folks have an idea of who you are. Every single male in a rural town is on the radar of the female community and they will likely decide for you when they find out you are decent, have the resources to support a wife and family, and are there to stay. Just make appearances in public areas so they get to recognize you and get a feel for who you are.

Church only if you are a church goer, because if you meet up with a church gal you will become an active part of it. Mainly, be who you are and not something temporary to get noticed,

If you are helpful to your neighbors, like helping to fix a fence, check up on them during bad weather, etc., word will get around that you are a decent sort. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself, either, and you should make the rounds to your immediate neighbors.

If your intention is to be your own isolated island as opposed to part of the rural community you will likely be very lonely, and will find it's not a winning strategy for SHTF either.

7. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Get a puppy, new pair of boots and a bad ass jacket.
    Walk him around old folks and let them feel the love.
    It'll boomerang back onto you and if you're paying attention...you might even be able to catch it. And like 3M said...be good to your neighbors.
    I've considered chasing chicks at church too....but I haven't been called to the right one yet.
    Here's a good old time line that makes every small town girl smile...

"Ya know what I like aboot this town? Knowing who my neighbors are. If I climb up to the top of the hill and fart...all the little old ladies at the bottom of the hill coffee shop will be gossiping aboot what it smelled like...."

Then you ask her out for coffee.
    The rest is up to you.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    3M-TA3 likes this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The smell of desperation is as uncomfortable for one sex as it is for the other.
    But the air of confidence is like success , those seeking where to invest are looking.
    People that quickly settle, often forget they had done so, and resent their choices later.
    If one is among those , that one needs to wear that fact on their conscience and learn gratitude .
    If one is not forgiving of others (when they ask), in a crowd of acquaintences, they will still be lonely.
    Lastly , Love is a fantasy, discontent a choice as well.
    And like two tigers fighting , the one you feed wins.

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Volunteer in your community, Stop in all the Coffee shops, and diners often, get to know as many folks as you can! Walk your doggy around town and show that you care for your best furry friend! Help out at events, go to school games, help out the coaches and other staff, help the teachers, Join up with the local Boy Scouts and help them out. You will be surprised at how many single ladies will notice you,and word will get out that your a good guy!Besides the goal of finding a worthy lady, you will have a lot of fun doing all the above things! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

BTPost likes this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Volunteer with the FD. Gets you everywhere you want to be.

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Church girls seem to be more crazy and clingy.

Boy scouts = free sitter for a few hours once a week. MILF magnemt.

The FD? To meet women?
    That may be the best idea I have ever heard.

Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Get a puppy, put on your turnouts and go door to door to see if you can find the "owner"... later on: "turned out he's a stray, so I adopted him."

Ura-Ki, Sgt Nambu and Ganado like this.
  13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

THe FD suggestion is a great one for alot of reasons

1) you look like a guy who cares about his community
    2) all the wives of the firefighters will try to hook you up with single women
    3) you will know all the gossip and be invited to all social events.
    4) usually local FD have budgets for getting your training for any and everything up to EMT

(my dad was the local fire chief for years of an all volunteer FD. social hub of men in town, my sister and I use to play domino's with all the old men .... they hated it when we won.... my Dad taught us well)

14. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Ganado and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

i would say watch the history of the world part 2 first cave man marriage and go from there.

if that dont work then you will at least get a laugh out of it.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  16. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

As the mother of a 26 year old daughter, I would absolutely tell her to go for a fireman. They are community minded, have strong sense of right and wrong, would run into a burning building. They are usually men with strong skill sets. I second the join the fire Dept idea. However, going to church earns brownie points, and church going women are NOT overly clingy. I for one enjoy some time alone and encourage my hubby to find friends and hobbies.

chelloveck and BTPost like this.
  17. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well GhostX, I've kind of wondered the same thing. And I've thought of hitting some of the places that others have listed here. I've thought about church , but I'm not really into going to church, not that I have anything against it. And as one member said here, don't just settle for the 1st one to come along, it could be miserable relationship. All those other places, were everyone goes , the neighbors, community stuff, I've found I don't like being around that many people that I don't know . So , occasionally I'll just go visit one or , a few of my married or attached buds , and by the time I get home, I realize that I'm actually pretty content with my present single status. Good luck to ya , update us if and or when you figure out the answer to this question, or what worked for you, I may be ready by then to take the plunge again myself .

Tevin, chelloveck and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I love my wife but I sure do miss being single that 14 years in between marriages. Something to be said for both.

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  19. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

One way to deal with this is to get it out of your head that your life is "empty" and has no purpose unless you are with someone.

Find things to do and people to hang out with that are interesting and affirm your self worth. From that, a romantic relationship will happen on its own. And if it doesn't, the experiences will still be a net-plus.

Men who think of themselves as strong, independent, and confident but obsess over being in/finding a relationship are sending the exact opposite vibe. Inside they are pathetic and undateable. Women pick up on this and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Some of the happiest, longest married couples I know have interests and ambitions separate from each other. Their spouse is a complement, an inspiration, and source of support, not a reason to exist.

At the same time, I know a lot of single people who are perfectly happy. Most of them would like to be in a relationship, but they are not going to allow the lack of a mate be a drag on their life. They are going to have fun either way.

Don't let your life sound like the words to a really bad country song.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7