Off grid water?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by ffp911, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

It has hills. But the nearest one is about 100 yards and only has an elevation about 20- 30 feet higher than the Travel Trailer. It would mean way more trenching and digging through a lot of rock (rough and expensive) in order to place a tank on top which would yield about 12 psi at most with gravity feed (.43 psi / foot elevation). I looked at that option pretty hard and decided it wasn't worth it.
    But I agree, gravity feed 's nice if you have the elevation and don't have to fight too hard to get your waterlines up and back.

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Trenching why? If you went with a tower tank, ten feet of head above grade would be all your pump would need....:)

Hydraulic Ram Pump (The Build):

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. Troy brownrigg

Troy brownrigg How my next home will be constructed!

My set up is designed for 90 amps of 110vac during the daylight hours. being able to use a 110vac submersible well pump doesn't take much effort, I can run power tools, a fridge, hot plates etc. with the unit. It's big enough to live in while I build other structures, if need be. I'll add a shower, washing machine, and other things later. It's all about the next project.

Altoidfishfins likes this.
  1. JackBlack
  2. jodirumph
  3. DKR
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid