Off the Grid: Life on the Mesa

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by BushcrafterAnthony, May 1, 2013.

1. Dave J

Dave J Monkey

We now have a community well right as you turn off of 64 into Carson Estates, been there a few years now. The well was only in the planning stages when this film was being done.

Gopherman likes this.
  2. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

They made be a little off the Curve, but they got the right idea. Huff is right there are a lot of interesting people.
    No water in the desert's not good though, they might have to dig down quite a ways, but it would seem they'd hit it sooner or later.

3. Tyler Danann

Tyler Danann Monkey+

2 Peaks? Is that in NM?

4. Dave J

Dave J Monkey

Yes, we are northwest of Taos New Mexico. For those thinking of buying out here come visit a spell and find out who has land for sale. You can typically buy from owners for around $200 a 1/4 acre lot. However, DO NOT pay for your land until you are at the Ascessors office and the deed is being processed into your name. There are people here who will sell you anything including land that they don't even own and you'll be out your money and never get a deed. One guy sold the same lot to 11 different people for $350 in one week end at the Gorge Bridge and did't even own the lot.

5. Danddylion

Danddylion Monkey

Heading out that way in Mar 2017. Who would be a good contact person to get the "lay of the land".

6. kemps

kemps Monkey

Not gonna lie I am a little obsessed with that documentary. I totally love Phyllis, Maine and Stan. They seem like genuinely nice people. From what I heard Maine died, which I find truly sad. I know Austen died too, it was posted on the documentaries facebook page. I felt really bad for the guy who had his house burned down and lost his dogs. I know people have different opinions about pot but in the scheme of things did he really deserve all that for growing weed? I mean he wasn't hurting anyone. It's so devastating.

7. Kamchuka

Kamchuka Grease Monkey

I watched that on youtube a while ago. Interesting but not my cup of tea. I liken it to living in an apartment with loud neighbors.

1. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. chelloveck
  4. martha_mill
  5. DKR
  6. Murfylang
  7. UncleMorgan
  8. DKR
  9. SurvivalJester
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. STANGF150
  14. Witch Doctor 01