Oh, boy! Too fast is never fast enough.

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by UncleMorgan, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, you do have a point...especially given our record of decision-making which usually is based on greed, power, money, limited resources, over-population, etc. not on facts and/or critical thinking.

However, one does have that itty-bitty problem if the robot overlords figure out that we simply aren't worth keeping around...which is an easy conclusion given our tendency for greed, power, money, limited resources, over-population, etc...LOL!

IceRanger and magicfingers like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I am in awe at the acceptance of being under the rule of machines when I am sure none of us would welcome so joyously resolve to live under the rule an oppressive human or group of humans.

Tully Mars, SB21 and ghrit like this.
  3. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

It’s a joke. You say that so there’s a digital trail when the computers take over that shows you were a sympathizer and you don’t get targeted. Much like my grandfather used to tell the story that everyone in his platoon would jokingly say “Sieg Heil...in case we lose”.

Dunerunner and mysterymet like this.
  4. Dunerunner

The bots will see through your deception, human...

[​IMG]

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

RedDawnWOLVERINES.

Gray Wolf likes this.
  6. Bandit99

I wonder... I wonder if a computer programmed could/would be a better Judge(s) than our current ones. A computer would be totally unbias, go strictly by the law, not be influence by personal values, thoughts or emotions. A truly fair and impartial judicial court... I need to think about this more... They would certainly be faster with complete and total access to past records of offences, trials, and court determinations... Yes, I need think about this a bit more...

I do believe computers can and would do many things better than many doctors, do it faster, more accurate and certainly less expensive - for example, initial diagnoses and general treatment.

7. Dunerunner

GIGO.... Garbage in, Garbage out. It all depends on who writes the programming and the basic operating system.

[​IMG]

Gray Wolf and OldDude49 like this.
  8. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

If Gates has anything to do with it "blue screen of death" gonna take on a whole new meaning.

Gray Wolf likes this.
  9. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Uh oh, too late

10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I have to disagree... used to program for a living... and someone already said it... depends on WHO writes the program...

enloopious likes this.
  11. Bandit99

I did give this some thought and it might not work well for judicial court because a computer basically would follow the letter of the law, literally, not the intent of the law so...verdicts would be cold and calculated. So, if a guy steals a load of bread, it matters not he's hungry and has 5 kids at home to feed. However, for doctor services I think it would work great and, the last I heard, it is being tested at a few universities.

SB21 and enloopious like this.
  12. enloopious

They have already tried this and the robots seem to be really good at the law. They are already better at LAW than Deep Blue is against a grand master. Doesn't look like they've figured out what to do about laws that conflict with each other...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    Dunerunner and SB21 like this.
  13. Dunerunner

The machines would write their own laws and impose them upon the pitiful humans they ruled over. Those who do not do the machine's bidding would be eliminated in the most inhuman and cold manner imaginable. Mankind would be enslaved until they were no longer of any use to the machines. The Decepticons would rule the world!

Gray Wolf likes this.
  14. enloopious

This video talks about the creativity of AI. They say that AI is already better than people at doing art. There is an obvious question that people seem to miss. Does AI need art? The computers don't appreciate the affect that art has on the soul of mankind. How could they? At what point does the AI actually value art? I would say never but I think it may only be possible with the human/AI interface... which is ironic because then you lose your humanity by merging with the machines. For example, prosthetics work and help people who need them to move, compete, and feel more alive but they don't have feeling in those prosthetics. So it still comes down to being a person.

This comedy video shows something interesting. If you see the responses you may notice that, the younger the person is, the more they accept and adore the Tesla bot.

15. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

They had a TV series about this, I believe it was called Battlestar Galactica and the Cylons were not the good guys.

OldDude49, Tully Mars and enloopious like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7