1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Oh yeah, the fox is in the hen house...

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Falcon15, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

INO.com News - Bernanke: Inflation Low, Economy Still Needs Support From Fed

That screaming whistle you hear is the FRN dropping like a stone. @ 10:58 EST it was -$0.345 (44%) lower than opening and it opened at -$0.02 from yesterday's open. Coupled with China's interest rate adjustments and unrest and uncertainty in the Middle East...the pot is coming to a boil.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

That is 0.345%. (Otherwise, gold would be in the 2500 range.)
  3. Falcon15

It was -$0.345, I am quite positive. It has bounced back up a little...currently trading at -$0.14 (-0.18%).
  4. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

If you don't believe the FRN values are dropping, just take a look at how the food prices are climbing.
  5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I recently was disgusted to find that my favorite material: 6061 T-6 aluminum rod ( 3/4 inch) went from $27.40 to over $75.00 here for a 12 foot piece! Since when did aluminum become a "precious metal"?
    I saw wheat products went up 127%, and a lot more increases in almost everything!
  6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

What is the weight of the piece and i can tell you how much it should be for the aluminum?

China is having a severe drought and may need to Import wheat this rear. If the drought doesn't let up it may endanger other crops there later in the year.
  7. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

No idea on the weight...
    I cut it into 30 inch pieces anyway to load into my lathe.
  8. Falcon15

The weight the 6061 T-6 aluminum round stock, 0.75"x144" is 7 pounds. I can get this stuff for about 33 FRNS for a stick. Dragonfly, you are getting taken to the cleaners.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary