Ohioian may be charged with crime for 31 round magazine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Ohioian may be charged with crime for 31 round magazine?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/17369333/detail.html

Teacher Arrested After Guns, Grenade Launcher Found At Home

POSTED: 12:45 pm EDT September 2, 2008
    UPDATED: 1:21 pm EDT September 2, 2008

AKRON, Ohio -- An Akron teacher is on paid leave after he was arrested Monday night at his home.

Benjamin Terril, a science teacher at Buchtel High School, was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, weapons under disability, possession of dangerous ordinance, drug paraphernalia and drug abuse marijuana.

Police went to Terril's home on Iona Avenue at about 7:30 p.m. after getting a call about a suspicious person with a gun.

When officers arrived on scene, they found the 50-year-old with a 9 mm semi-automatic loaded handgun in his pants pocket.

Police said he was heavily intoxicated. During a consent search of his house, officers found at least 26 guns, including machine guns and a grenade launcher. The police report said there was an AR-15 with magazines that hold more than 31 bullets, a Ruger .22 handgun with silencer, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, unknown powders and a lockpick kit.

The guns were found in the basement along with a stash of food. Lt. Rick Edwards termed Terril a "survivalist."

Superintendent David James said that Terril is now on paid leave pending the investigation, but he will not be allowed back in the classroom.

Terril is currently in the Summit County Jail.

2. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

So finding illegal weapons and a stash of food makes him a "survivalist"??? [beat]

**shakes head and walks away**

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

His main mistake was consenting to a search. Drunk does that to you. What I'm really curious about is the anonymous call of "man with gun" (in his own house.) Can't help wondering if he had the paperwork in order. Too much not reported.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

And his crime was????"drugabuse maijuana" vs "prescription marijuana" I guess; "stupid on station"? Since when is 31 rounds in a mag illegal (especially if its a 40 round mag)? I also have my pickset, sawzalls drills and pry bars.
    "survivalist" is a dirty word?
    Along with "pimp", "pusher", and "pedaphile"

5. balsaboy

balsaboy In for a Penny

Ghrit, your right on with target with your observation. I have to think that being drunk still souldn't make you so thoughtless as to consent to a search of your home
    without a warrant. Which makes me wonder if he even did consent? He was a teacher, I imagine he has alittle better understanding of the law then a regular stiff.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Don't take that to the bank. My exposure to teachers as a class of individuals indicates devotion to what they do, even more than most. Education does NOT mean general knowledge of what the world is doing beyond spinning.

Sheep come with sheepskins as well as without. This guy just simply suffered a synapse seizure at the wrong time. Seems like he just paid no attention to one of the basic synaptic connections that should have closed; ammo and alcohol don't do well together.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7