Oil Field Humor

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Minuteman, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Some of this might not make sense to those outside the industry but I think that most of it could apply to any profession.

Its's been said that all a consultant needs is 2 books:
    1). A Halliburton book
    2). A Phone Book
    One is for Displacements and the other is for Replacements

This roughneck went to the hardware store. The attendant asked what he needed and he told him he needed a wrench. When asked what type of wrench, the roughneck replied "It don't make no difference I'm going to ues it for a hammer anyway.</B>

In The Oilfield:
    A SALESMAN starts out knowing a great deal about one thing and goes on learning more and more about less and less, until he knows practically everything about nothing.

An ENGINEER starts out knowing a little about many things and goes out learning less and less about more and more, until he knows practically nothing about everything

TOOLPUSHERS and COMPANYMEN start out knowing everything about everything, but end up knowing nothing about nothing because of their association with SALESMEN and ENGINEERS.

DRILLERS, on the other hand, know everything about everything and end up knowing everything 'bout everything due to their total disregard of advise given by SALESMEN, ENGINEERS, TOOLPUSHERS and COMPANYMEN

In a recent government experiment, an Architect, an Engineer, and a Roughneck were rounded up. Each was put in a private room and given three steel ball bearings. They were instructed to utilize their background to design a useful project.

After an hour, the architect was interviewed. He had stacked his balls one on top of each other. In explanation, he said, "This is the time tested design the material warrants. It's beauty and elegance dates all the way back to the Roman columns ..... "

In the engineers room, he had stacked his bearings in a pyramid. "This design will take 10.3 on the reicter scale, a cat 5 hurricane, and is fire resistant. It is structurally sound and can be built at low cost.....", he explained.

When the officials entered the roughnecks room, they found him lean'n against the wall with his hands in his pockets and no bearings to be seen. "Where is your project?" they asked. "Well, I lost one, broke one, and the other one's in my lunch box. I'm carrying it home."

Two Haliburton hands won a trip to France for all their accomplishments in the patch.As they were strolling thru Paris, they looked up in surprise and seen the biggest Rig ever! They stopped a Frenchman walking by and asked, " Hey man, how long ya'll been rigged up?" The Frenchman stepped back and said "Oh mesuir, ze Eiffel Tower is over 200 years old The cementers scratched their heads, kicked rocks, and started looking down the road. Finally, one turned back and said, " well don't worry, OUR TRUCKS ARE ON THE WAY!"

Oilfield Proverb

Listen, all ye miserable sinners who have entered into the land of the tall derricks through the V-door. Tread softly on thy journey, and carry a big twenty-four in this dry and thirsty land. Harken to my voice, all ye of smooth skin and unwrinkled countenance, for I have dwelt in this land for many years and mine eyes have witnessed all manner of folly and woe. Verily, I have tasted of the bitter fruit of stuck drillpipe and I have drunk the dregs of the cup of lost circulation. Grid up thy loins, my son, and take up thy time sheets with great care. Listen to the counsel of the sadder and wiser man than thee.

The wise man searcheth out the easy jobs on the rig, but the fool sticketh out his neck.

Latcheth onto the young floor hand, for he is innocent and eager to help. He is proud and foolish, and will handle many nasty jobs in his vain attempt to receive recognition and favor. His youth betrays him, while he stands in the freezing rain to curry favor. Older and wiser men will laugh at his recklessness, and those with "snow on the mountaintop" will mock him.

Know thou that the Pusher of Tools is a man of many moods. When he smiles, seeketh him out, praise his rig and laugheth much at his jests. However, when he moveth with great haste and the sweat standeth out on his brow, make thyself scarce. If he curseth under his breath, do not wish him a good day or long life for he will fall upon thee like the whirlwind.

The Driller shall feel his anger, and the Roughneck shall know his wrath. Not even thy hardhat can protect thee.

Ask nought of the Driller, for he despises thy youth. He will ask many questions of thee which thou canst not answer, and then he will puff out his chest in pride at his superior knowledge. He is thy supervisor, however, and thou art required to do his bidding, although he careth nothing for flattery.

Make a companion of the Logger of Mud, for he always hath doughnuts in his quarters and he can always find a current newspaper. Take him thy reading material and share thy sparse food supply with him, for he provides shelter during thunderstorms away from the doghouse.

When the Drilling Superintendent approaches thee, make thyself scarce, for he will make thee sweat. Look thou on-the-ball, for he loveth to chew on thy posterior. Keep out of his sight lest he know thee by name, for he who arouses the wrath of the Drilling Superintendent will go many times into the mud house.

Regard my words carefully, my son, and thou shalt dwell happily and prosper in the land of derricks for many years. If you fail to heed this wisdom, thou shalt be doomed to meaninglessly toil at the home of the hamburger. Selah

A tourist walked into a pet store and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, a petroleum engineer from a nearby office walked in and said to the storekeeper, "I'll take a rig hand monkey please." The storekeeper nodded, went to the side of the store, and took out a monkey. He put a collar and leash on the animal and handed it to the engineer, saying, "That'll be $2000." The man paid and left with the monkey." The surprised tourist went to the storekeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most monkeys are only a few hundred dollars. Why did that one cost so much?" The storekeeper answered, "Ah, that's a rig monkey. He can rig up, plan rig moves, rewind motors, tail pipe, paint, pull maintenance, all with no back talk or complaints. It's well worth the money." The tourist then spotted a monkey in another cage. "That one's even more expensive!! $10,000 !! What does it do??" he asked. "Oh, that one" replied the storekeeper. " That's a Rig Manager monkey. It can instruct at levels of maintenance, run the safety program, deal with clients, and even do some paper work. A very useful monkey indeed." The tourist looked around a little longer and found a third monkey in a cage. The price tag was $50,000. The shocked tourist exclaimed, "This one costs more than all the others put together !!. What in the world can it do??". "Actually," said the shopkeeper, "I've never really seen him do anything but drink beer and whiskey and make alot of noise, but his papers say he's a Company Man."

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I know this guy ....well. And he was the highest paid guy on the job....He worked harder at not working than if he had done his job.. , and therefore needed an "assisstant" [LMAO]

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO][LMAO][LMAO]

4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

FYI my job title is Companyman so I don't think that last one is that funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might be true but still not funny!!![booze]

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

LMAO

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7