Oil filter silencer

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Jun 22, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Don't waste your time or money.

These guys do a lot of cool stuff, they talk about form 4ing a live hand grenade to an individual, form 1 molotov cocktails, a reusable form 1 molotov reciever, improvised mortars,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2020
    sec_monkey likes this.
  2. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

what do you expect when you abuse the intended purpose >>> nobody says it's for an entire firefight - it's for strategic execution to avoid or preceding that firefight ....

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    sec_monkey likes this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

A man once told me that at 600 yards the target would never hear the shot.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    SB21, sec_monkey and Garand69 like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Once upon a time in New Orleans.....
    Several gents invaded a pizza place close to the French Quarter with intentions of robbing the place...Which they did.
    They lined up 5 employees in the cooler and proceeded to shoot each one in the head....Which they did.
    Their method of a suppressed weapon was a potato wrapped in duct-tape on the end of a pistol.
    They were caught,Tried and convicted...Fin

SB21, sec_monkey and HK_User like this.
  5. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Consider the logic behind making it illegal to make a rifle quieter. WTF? I guess open headers on my truck should be legal.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's not illegal if you form 1 it the device.
    I wouldn't recommend wasting $200 on an oil filter.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Why in the HELL would I pay $200 to the Feds for anything? IF I wanted to do a thing I would just do it...and NOT get caught doing it! People have a lot of goodies hidden away out there just waiting for the SHTF! People have the materials, tools and knowledge to create silencers, grenades, flamethrowers, exotic ammo, etc., and most have actually put everything together and tried it out. If these people are as smart as they think they are they have taken everything apart and stored the pieces in separate locations for future use. Those that aren't so smart are the ones you read about in the newspapers!

GOG, Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Flamethrowers don't require a tax stamp do they? Asking for a friend. ; )

Cruisin Sloth, Alf60 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Flame throwers are "air guns".
    But molotovs are an explosive DD.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's not a good plan either.
    Have it hiden in 2 or 3 places?
    That just ensures when shtf you won't have it.
    I usually carry 1 or 2 silencers with me, any time I go shooting I shoot with them on the gun. I have had my sawed off shot gun since 2007 I'm very used to shooting it.
    I have 4 more silencers in the NFA pipe line.
    Shtf hits the sawed offs are already sawed off and not just shitally sawed off in some typical hillbilly fashion. they will have chokes, bead sights and likely a rifled barrel option. I have the rifled barrel. Just need to cut it down and relocate the front sight hopefully while the power is still on and ammo readily available.
    The silencers will have been screwing on to the ends of the guns they are supposed to silencing for years by that point.
    Anyone who thinks they are going to wait till after shtf kicks off to execute steps a,b,c,d,,,,,,,x,y,z of plan #1 should save them selves the hassle and just buy a revolver and 1 bullet.

Alf60, Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I'm not talking about having stuff buried all over HELL and half of Georgia! I mean having, for example, your reloading supplies all in one place, except for the AP or API bullets and they are in an ammo can in the barn.That way you can make some up fast and might escape the notice of the ATF&E!

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Most API long gun bullets are perfectly legal in 40 some states.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I was thinking of "pulled" bullets, the reloading of which could be deemed illegal manufacturing of AP or API ammo, or at least that is what a guy I know claims.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you sell it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Exactly... Selling your Reloads requires a Class 6 FFL... Reloading for yourself or giving it away to someone else is unlicensed... You would be just Reloading, if the guy supplied primed cases, powder, and projectiles... Some of my old Customers would do that, so there was no Paper Trail... and I just charged for my time...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Really! I was under the impression that manufacturing/remanufacturing of Amour Piercing ammunition was outlawed. Of course if you don't sell it, use it for illegal purposes, or tell anyone about it... then the Feds will never know about it.
    I do recall a news story some years ago about some guys that made some hand grenades...and sold them! It was that last bit that got them sentenced to Federal prison! Possessing the materials, skills and knowledge to make a thing isn't usually illegal...although it can be. Making a thing and testing it is most likely illegal, but if you are smart about it you won't get caught. Stockpiling, the regular or illegal use of, or selling a thing(s) is what will get your dumb-ass sent to prison. As Preppers we should be able to see the SH*T before it Hits The Fan, and have the time to prepare any exotic toys that you have made preps for. Even if you don't see it coming you should be able to survive using more traditional means until you can cook up some of your goodies.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Atf specifically says if someone gives you components you may charge a fee to assemble and not require a class 6.
    Also the ATF has really weird AP rules.
    Such as I can not make my own AP bullets, but if I buy pulled M2 milsup bullets, load them into live ammo for my self, as long as I don't sell them that's fine.
    You can resell old M2 AP projectiles or live M2 milsup or professionally manufactured ammo, if you got some and decided you did not want them.
    But you can't retro remake M2 AP projectiles and use or sell them.
    Dumb.

You can make your own explosives for your own use. But you can't store, transport them or use them in any money making venture.
    Your state may be different.
    New mexico explosive regulations look like they were written by a middle schooler and are so brief and simple even I can understand them.
    You can have hand grenades and pipe bombs too. You just have to form 1 them and use energetic materials you made your self.
    My interpretation is you can't fill a form 1 grenade or pipe bomb with something like smokeless powder unless you have an explosives license because that would be "misuse" of sporting arms propellant.
    Even if you have an explosives license you can't make weapons like pipe bombs and grenades just because you want to, still have to form 1 the device unless you are an SOT DD manufacturer.
    But law enforcement gets a free pass to make such devices as far as I can tell.
    It's fcking crazy.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I got a form 1 back for a solvent trap silencer. Just a cheap one.
    I drilled it out and tested it on 22mag.
    It softened the blast to between 22LR and 22 short from a rifle level.
    By comparison my gemtech gm22 softened the same 22mag rifle to about 22LR level with the same ammo. The gm22 is a $400+ can.
    But the gm22 is shorter and weighs less than half as much as my form 1 silencer.
    That's first round pop only. To me a silencer is only as good as the first round pop.
    They are different designs too. The gm22 is a mono core and the cheap solvent trap is a stack of drilled out cones.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7