Ok folks, we need some help!

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by GrayGhost, Jul 9, 2017.

1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Update

24 hrs after first application, we saw about and 80% reduction in the critters. Now tonight, 48 hrs after the first and only application, that number seems to have halved.

I just applied the second dose tonight. With what I've seen, I'm expecting that this should take care of this issue. To note also, I've treated about a three foot border outside of the affected area during both applications of the alcohol/water/dish soap mixture.

Hope this may help someone else, as well. Thanks all [winkthumb]

john316 and Motomom34 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That was a really bad infestation. That is nice that the mixtures are diminishing. Definitely keep us posted. Monsoon season is moving in so the rain may have an effect on getting rid of them.

GrayGhost and Yard Dart like this.
  3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Well, good news. Tonight, no evidence of the flea beetles...other than the leaf damage. Plants seem to continue maturing with no ill effects. I applied another dose tonight for good measure, along with the surrounding area.

So good, so far.

*fingers crossed*

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@GrayGhost so how did your crop turn out? ere you able to salvage the plants and did they produce anything?

GrayGhost likes this.
  5. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Fortunately, things are growing very well! We've had no more issues with the flea beetles.

We have fresh tomatoes daily, and my assorted pepper plants have been growing like gang-busters! Still have carrots in the ground, kohlrabi, squash, cucumbers, corn, zucchini...all doing very well!

Our best addition this year though, by far, has been our chickens. We added six white leghorns to the little patch of earth we call home. I remember being around them in my youth, but don't recall the joy then that we have now raising them. For anyone who has never raised them, you would never imagine the amount of intelligence and personality they possess. As of now, we're seeing four eggs a day, and I'm sure that will continue to increase.

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. DKR
  2. Ganado
  3. HK_User
  4. hot diggity
  5. chelloveck
  6. BTPost
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. hot diggity
  9. natshare
  10. sec_monkey
  11. Dont