1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Ok I don't know where to post this but

Discussion in 'Technical' started by NotSoSneaky, Sep 5, 2013.

1. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

What happened to the adaptave format ? It made reading the forum soooo much easier on my phone. Why are there twenty old threads in my watched threads box ? When I open them and go back to "Watched threads" there's more of them. They are supposed to have unread posts but they don't.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

3. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

I moved this thread here so Melbo can see it.... right off....
  4. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

I had a similar problem, old read posts showed up as unread. I polished off the ones I knew were "fresh" then hit "mark all forums read." The problem no longer exists. Can't address the watched threads question since I don't have any.
  5. NotSoSneaky

Is twenty watched threads a new default setting, most are weeks old with no new content.

Still no adaptive format when viewing forum from the phone. hissyfit
    That format was very easy to read now I squint, zoom in and scrool like the dickens to see who's doin' what here. foosed
  6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

It is much harder to read and navigate around on a phone now.
  7. NotSoSneaky

Still no adaptive format, just a mini version when using my phone.

Still getting twenty random old threads when checking "watched threads" and they are not even the most recent.

Fooey !
  8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

The adaptive (or responsive) style is still here although it's changed a little. Are you seeing the entire forum view instead of the format optimized for a phone?
    Try changing styles (lower left hand corner of any page) to something else and then back to monkeystyle - see if that clears it for you.

As far as the watched threads, not sure, you 'watch' a thread when you create it or reply to it (or click watch). What phone are you using? After our upgrade, I had to go into my iPhone settings and clear cookies and cache to get a few things to show up properly.
  9. NotSoSneaky

Thanks Melbo, guess I was looking at a mini version of the forum.

I'll try clearing the phone as suggested abd see what happens.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary