Okay, got another one. Let's play, "What kind of insect?"!!

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by natshare, Jun 17, 2018.

1. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Spotted this fella (gal?) on my sweet potatoes today, while putting up some cheap wire fence around the perimeter of the 100-gallon grow bag, that I've got sweet potatoes growing in, this year. Seems I have a bunny, who has stayed out of the bag....but likes to chew on the leaves and stems, that hang over the edge of it! :mad::rolleyes:

Anyways, figured it's some sort of wasp, but darned if I could find out what type! Guess my Google-Fu is a bit off, when it comes to insect identification!

What looks like a proboscis on the front is actually its front legs, as it was cleaning itself, when I spotted it, and took these pics. Hopefully clear enough, that someone can identify it? IMG_20180617_100207758_HDRc. IMG_20180617_100212757c.

2. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Bee fly maybe or moth fly not a botfly got to remember that every region may have the same insects but a lot of differing colors size wings and other aspects

[​IMG]

3. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

New Chinese Drone

4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Looks like a blister beetle of some sort.. can't be sure due to the wings being open...

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Looks like a cross between a wasp and a June bug,,,,,

Seepalaces likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

First glance I thought it was a baby hummingbird then I put on my glasses. The feeler in front makes me think beetle family

7. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Yeah, like I said, that's not a proboscis (beak, stinger, etc.) out front. I just happened to catch the photo when it was cleaning itself, and rubbing its two front legs together.

If I spot another one, I'll try taking a photo from a different angle.

Witch Doctor 01 and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7