OKC TORNADO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, May 20, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The east coast lives/loves to brand HERO’S however which all due respect the heart land is what made the USA great...

All the best too OKC....

article-2328000-19E6E2DE000005DC-495_964x658.

Mechwolf likes this.
  2. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

It is literally hell down here right now my wife's family lost 3 homes between today and yesterday. They are all alive and well. The families of the young children in the school that got hit could use everyone's prayers and support.

natshare and Motomom34 like this.
  3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

All the best again and Oklahoma is Strong!! The volunteers responding are not a surprise. Too many showing up is not at all surprise..

OKC Strong!!

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Our prayers in my household go out to all the families and friends going thru the aftermath and trying to recover their lives from this and all the other tornadoes hitting the region!!

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Moore is in my thoughts as they continue to recover from yesterdays events. I can't imagine how one recovers from this, especially the loss of a loved one.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Which donation site is better, Feed the Children or Red Cross. I always want to make sure the money I donate mainly goes to those in need.

7. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

No surprise, some dunce (aka liberal) politicians are using this as an excuse to complain about global warming denying conservatives. As if Oklahoma never had a twister before their junk science came along. :rolleyes:

For sure, prayers to all who have been affected, this week in the OKC area, and last week in Texas, by the springtime weather.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Just make a regulation prohibiting tornadoes. They'll just have to stop, ya see.

That said, Oklahoma will, as it always does, recover by bootstrapping. I feel for them all, whether they lost simple possessions or family. This one, even the media can't over hype with adjectives.

VisuTrac and mysterymet like this.
  9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Never give the RC a dime. They do good things but at a terrible %. Give your donations to the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief fund--100% will go to the work. The Salvation Army is another good org. The prez of the RC makes hundreds of thousands of dollars in salary--the SA prez takes home @ $13,000--big difference in orgs. The SB Disaster Relief have feeding units that can do 30,000 meals daily plus washing machine trailers and shower units.

Jaybird, Mechwolf, kellory and 2 others like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

or, if you happen to be a Papist, Catholic Community Services is a well organized Charity.....

11. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I heard World Vision mentioned as another org. Anyone have opinions on their operation and if they are a good relief organization?

13. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

As -06 pointed out the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief fund is an outstanding organization. They had boots on the ground almost immediately since they have a chapter in OKC.

14. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Not a Catholic but hear their Relief fund is a good place to give. Where ever you give do so with a cheerful heart. God blesses a cheerful giver.
    Mech, we have several teams nearby at the ready. Let me know what is needed and where. Thanks

15. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Also Larry Jone's "Feed the Children" worldwide charity is based in OKC and is a worthy organization.

16. -06

-06 Monkey+++

We used to help a bit with the "Feed the Children" ministry---have mixed feeling about where the money actually goes and how much.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7