OLD GEEZERS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

"Geezers" (slang for an old man) are easy to spot:
    At sporting events, during the playing of the Star Spagled BANNER, Old Geezers remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.

Old Geezers remember the Depression, World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War 1950-53-55, The Cold War, Vietnam, the jet age and the moon landing the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005 the Jet Age and the Moon Landing, not to mention Vietnam,

If you bump into an Old Geezer on the sidewalk, he will apologize. If you pass an Old Geezer on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Geezers trust strangers and are courtly to women. Old Geezers hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.

Old Geezers get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth on TV or in movies.
    Old Geezers have moral courage. They seldom brag unless it's about their grandchildren.

It's the Old Geezers who know our great country is protected, not by politicians or police, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Geezers with their decent values. We need them now more than ever.

Thank God for Old Geezers!
    Pass this on to all the Old Geezers you know. [bow]

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'll have to pass that on to my father...who "aspires" to be a curmudgeon...I told him to get new goals...he already achieved that one.. ;)

He is 81, going to be 82 next week..

Flew P51 Mustangs in WWII...

Graduated from The Citadel ...as a Veteran Student..

Always stands when a lady enters or leaves the room..Opens my door for me to this day..

He was the top test director on the first Polaris Missile...worked on all the Apollo shots...

Published writer...

Taught me that the best gun I own is the one in my purse..

Gentleman...Scholar...

and my Dad...

Thanks Quigley..

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Quite a resume CRC. Our country would not be here without geezers like him, and I say that with reverence. [bow]

4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm not an old geezer - be 50 in November - but I try to model my behaviour just as you described. I met my wife's Dad in June, Veteran of WW2, Korea and Vietnam and a retired Colonel. These guys are the backbone of our country and they impress me alot.

5. CRC

I got you beat by one year...same month.... :lol:

And my dad also taught me the difference between "profanity" and "obscenities" and eschews both.....

He told me once.."I know them all. In several languages. Don't use them unless absolutely necessary. And sometimes it just is!"

:lol: :lol:

6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

CRC, I, too, had an old geezer for a dad and it sounds as though they were cut from the same cloth. Duty well performed, honor in all things, country above self.

Although he could swear like a trooper, never once in my entire life did I ever hear him utter a profanity.

My dad has been gone 4 years now but there isn't a day that goes by that something he taught me doesn't come to mind. I can only hope my own daughter will have the same thoughts about me. I could hope for no more.

7. CRC

Pretty awesome guys, aren't they?

My dad still wears his Citadel ring...That, and his leather flight jacket from WWII are all I want to remember him by....They both embody what he was about..

and RH? I am sure your daughter will have those thoughts about you....just from reading your posts......She's a lucky girl....

8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

:oops: Thank you

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7