Old Sixgun Goodness

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GOG, Jan 5, 2019.

1. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

It's nice to know that there's still wheelgun love out there.

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Uberti (no "m" in the name) makes some fine guns. My cap&ball revolvers are all Piettas, but I have been wanting to gat an Uberti model too.

deMolay, Ura-Ki, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have mainly Uberti in my Cap and Ball revolvers, but Pieatta are very fine as well. Hawes also make very nice cartridge guns, I have a .45Colt replica that is very slick and shoots very well!
    I'm a sucker for the Remington 1858s, so that's where I tend to go, and my Dad is a Big fan of the monster Dragoons, including a Real one! The Ruger Old Armies are some of the best there is, and can be pushed far beyond accepted levels of power! I really wish some one made a set th at could take full power pistol cartridges with out a conversion cylinder! Ruger did offer a few custom shop Old Armies in .44 Mag (I have a pair) but those are exceptions, and no one else to my knolage offers any thing! Probably a demand type deal! I actually prefer to carry a pair of wheel guns, it's sexy and folks tend to really take you serious!

oldman11, GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

The Rugers tend to have more meat in their cylinders

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

And frames! They also tend to be made of much better alloys, makes them highly desirable for serious work! If it wasn't for the shape and fit of the Hawk pistols, I would have a bunch of them! They just don't fit me! If the GP series were available in Big bore Magnums, I would be all over them too!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Not to steal GOGs thunder here, but today I made up for a serious mistake I made years ago when I sold a pistol I never ever should have, My Dan Wesson .44 Mag! All is right in the world now. LOL

[​IMG]

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

AlaskaChick will never sell hers... for any amount of money... and not because I bought it for her, butbecause she LOVES to shoot it....

8. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I love semi-autos, but an old fashioned smoke pole just feels like handling a small piece of history.

Gator 45/70, Alf60 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I’m looking at a early colt .32-20 at $2500.00,right now looking is all I’m going to do. $2500.00 is a lot of money for a gun I probably would not shoot very much.

10. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

That's the problem with a collectors piece. I've had a few over the years and always ended up selling them. I prefer something I can shoot and enjoy.
    I'm just a meat & potatoes kind of guy.

Seawolf1090, Gator 45/70 and arleigh like this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Me too. I rather have stuff I can use or make useful ,
    I have collector guns but I use them and don't plan on selling any thing .I have inadvertently gotten through the years a few rugers that are bicentennial . I didn't buy them because they were, but because I wanted the gun .

Alf60, GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7