On burial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Don't blame me....I wa snot the one that took us into the realm of beastiality..... :shock: :shock:

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[deadhorse] Speaking of, is this beating a dead horse, or some form of perverse horseplay/foreplay..............???

3. Andy the Aussie

I think if you are in Texas it is call foreplay..... b:: b::

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I think the latter E.L.

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We pride ourselves on our hospitality, but we don't quite go that far. Although when I worked in Arkansas I did learn what a "stump broke" cow was. I actually saw an ad in the Little Rock paper, and had to ask an old rancher what it was. After a big laugh, he told me....... :oops:

6. Andy the Aussie

When the urge strikes I guess...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I wouldnt have a problem being buried at home but you DONT want to have to cremate at home unless you have a real strong stomach and even then... When being cremated the heat tends to make the body set up and scream as it burns not to mention the aroma and less than plesant visual of the flesh melting and so on. The hole would be a far easier route on those left behind if done at home. Also that 650 lbs of wood would be doing good to even take the flesh to ash and would not be lokely to even come close to insenerating the bones so that means a LOT more wood or else grinding the bones. Oh and if you go to keep a body at home prior to burial (for a day or two) also be aware that the organs start to break down right away and generaly at some point in the first 24 to 36 hours the body will generaly moan as the lungs collapse and will often sit up as the muscles in the abdomen start to break down.
    Ive known several folks who worked in morges and such and am just morbid enouph to have sat around discussing some of this stuff with them. Its always a joke/initiation on the FNGs to stick them in the morge over night preferasbly alone and watch them freak out when the bodies start moaning and or moveing.

8. melbo

Special "bone grinder" needed?

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

makes this

11. melbo

perfect

12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We had a guy in CT years ago(an airline pilot) who disposed of his wife by by using a wood chipper - rented no less. The found chips of teeth and small splinters of bone, just enough to convict him.

13. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If my children have a real funeral for me ? I will come back and haunt every last one of them...and their children..and their childrens children.. :rolleyes:

Backyard burial sounds great ..I didn't know you could do that!
    Otherwise..Cremation...

I kind of like John Prine's ideas...

Please don't bury me
    Down in that cold cold ground
    No, I'd druther have "em" cut me up
    And pass me all around
    Throw my brain in a hurricane
    And the blind can have my eyes
    And the deaf can take both of my ears
    If they don't mind the size
    Give my stomach to Milwaukee
    If they run out of beer
    Put my socks in a cedar box
    Just get "em" out of here
    Venus de Milo can have my arms
    Look out! I've got your nose
    Sell my heart to the junkman
    And give my love to Rose

Give my feet to the footloose
    Careless, fancy free
    Give my knees to the needy
    Don't pull that stuff on me
    Hand me down my walking cane
    It's a sin to tell a lie
    Send my mouth way down south
    And kiss my ass goodbye..

[beer]

chelloveck likes this.
  14. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is Alaskachick's preference... Viking Funeral... She already has the boat, now she is working on the Flaming Arrows....

16. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I've told my wife to scatter my ashes in the rose garden. Every prick thereafter would remind her of me. :D

kellory and chelloveck like this.
  17. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

When my prepping days are over,
    and from this world i pass,
    have them bury me up side down
    so the politicians can kiss my @ss

kellory likes this.
  18. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Which Backwoods Home article was it? Did they say which states you couldn't do that in? Bet California's one of them. :censored:

19. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Wife and I are to be cremated. Have a plot beside my Mom, grands, and other relatives. Will be a simple ground level stone containing the urns. One's life should be his monument, memories his legacy, and his guns his successors---LOL. Will be no sad singing at my funeral. Just a grave side service followed by a banquet in the fellowship hall with music. Going to a much better place.

Sapper John and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7