On some things....theists CAN agree.....

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by chelloveck, Nov 3, 2012.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

tumblr_ly9mmo7qsX1qcjwm7o1_500.
    tumblr_ly9mmo7qsX1qcjwm7o1_500.

2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

At it again are we Chel. Thought you might tire of trying to discredit those who believe differently than yourself as you grow older and supposedly wiser. Guess that is what I get for thinking. Some people have nothing better to do than to try to create problems/strife. Have heard that it is just a symptom of a deep feeling of inadequacy or fear of being ignored. Not my thoughts of course--just something I heard. Personally I think you are a fine upstanding gentleman of the highest caliber who would never stoop to stirring a pot to see if you can make it stink.

NVBeav, Sapper John and Seacowboys like this.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I, for one, am glad that SM is a place for everyone, not just those who share the exact same beliefs. And, humor is always welcome!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Pax Mentis, oldawg, tulianr and 2 others like this.
  4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

We do not hang those who we do not agree with. To put Jesus's teaching on a level with mohammed's is not humorous. There is a difference.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No but we have been know to nail at least one to a cross

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

And from Rome to England, Catholicism to Puritan and everything in between --from smallpox and native Americans to witch burning in Salem and the modern day war on drugs er sex er terror er science...no organized religion can claim purity.

Humor is best viewed with a light heart. [winkthumb]

7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Well, remind me to laugh when it gets funny. Has Survival Monkey become a joke for some to manipulate for their aggendas? Makes one wonder.

8. RightHand

Well -06, we are not carbon copies of one another with the exact same beliefs. When the day comes that, as SM members, we have to worry about political correctness and falling into line with everyone else, that's the day I hang up my hat. Sorry if you felt offended but that's what free speech is all about, someone's right to say something that may offend others as well as your right to express your disapproval. If that is occurring, we are winning the battle

mysterymet likes this.
  9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Not offended by a long shot. Just makes me wonder the reason behind some threads. Offended--nope-- there is an old saying--- Have been called worse by better. If we are a "survival" type site then I think our time could be better spent encouraging and informing than poking fun/making disparaging remarks about one's faith or lack there of. Just an observation. Wonder what we could have learned/shared during this time of great accomplishments talking about what?????

Sapper John likes this.
  10. Brokor

I have an irritated bowel at the moment from possibly not eating enough plant protein. Shall we continue on this new course, or digress? :p I have so much to share!

11. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Im easy to piss of at times about some things, But If I were here for Survival talk only then I would be in the survival info area only and not the joke and humor part.
    There are a couple here I very rarely venture into.
    Also you can block any one certain persons post from view too.
    On the OP I would have hung him too...LOL j/k

tulianr, ditch witch and chelloveck like this.
  12. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Seems thoughts par for the course--go for it but color me gone. Enjoy.

13. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Exactly - the same people use every opportinity to mock God. Say something about the fires licking their heels and they might spend a week writing volumes of diatribe.

They're Rom 1:18- types like we all were/are.

Sapper John likes this.
  14. RightHand

What I find most amusing in this this thread is the interpretation of the cartoon. I'm just a simple country gal but what I saw was the tendency to "kill the messenger" who delivers any opinion that differs from one's belief. Replace the titles with "Republican," "Democrat," and "Constitutionalist" and the response from SM posters would have been vastly different but the intent of the cartoon would not have changed.

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The cartoon is an extension of Escher's art.

ditch witch and RightHand like this.
  16. RightHand

Waterfall by M. C, Escher 00300px-Escher_Waterfall.

17. RightHand

18. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

i have always loved the mind of Escher. To be able to draw that from memory, is a trick in and of itself. It is the art of not making sense, but doing it seamlessly.

tulianr and RightHand like this.
  19. Brokor

I think Escher's art sucks. You need to stop or I might side with the two Christians who can't take a joke. :p

RightHand likes this.
  20. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You're just jealous, A guy who's waterfalls run backwards is more famous than you.[stirpot]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7