Flu One flu over the cuckoo's best

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by CATO, Dec 4, 2011.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Hasn't man kind played around and made enough chems to kill the world? When I see articles like this it kind of makes me think about the movie Resident Evil. The under ground lab, the release of chems, cover up and the threat of a total wipe out of man kind. It makes you wonder how many simple colds and flu's they have already played with and made worse that have already got out to the public that we don't know about.

3. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Shades of The Stand anyone? Captain Trips?

Sapper John likes this.
  4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Read the book The Demon in the Freezer by Richard Preston. It is non-fiction and will send chills up your back.

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

"The Andromeda Strain" in real life? Golly, I hope not.......

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

But, consider for a moment...this is only ONE of OUR "educated" people!
    Just think what are the REST up to!???

Alpha Dog likes this.
  7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

The fatal flaw with most smart/educated people is that, because of their intellect/education, they think they are smarter than everyone else except their peers. Therefore, they always see the decisions they make as the correct ones and if you are at odds with them, it is you who must be wrong given their intellect. This, you'll notice, is the same disease that liberals have.

This is why most college-educated people are liberals--or, why most many liberals are elistist/scientist types. I just can't figure out which one created the other. I think it all revolves around narcissism and hubris.

Alpha Dog, Sapper John and Falcon15 like this.
  8. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

When it comes to these type they are like kids you tell don't push that button it is dangerous. As soon as your back is turned they just can't stand it and push the button. Then when all hell breaks lose they are like I didn't think that would happen or did I cause that.

9. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Fire is just a bright glowing warm thing until you put your hand in. Unfortunate for us, the science community thinks that technology will save them from the fire they are playing with. This "fire" will burn us all.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Guti, You just hang out with the wrong crowd of College Graduates. You do NOT find many liberals in the Medical, and Engineering fields. Even the college Professors, in these fields tend to be much more center than Career Leftists, even if they are the lowest class of engineers. Good Engineers build things, and get PE Stamps, poor engineers teach, and never get close to even taking the PE Test..... ..... YMMV.....

11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Bruce, you're correct. I should've clarified: in degrees that allow you to DO something, you won't find many liberals because they can't cut those classes. Physical chemistry, physics, calculus are all liberal repellents. Liberals take classes where you talk about issues and discuss the higher meaning of life; thus, giving you and your peers the unique ability to save people from themselves. You can't actually DO anything with a liberal arts degree...except may teach or work for the govt.

(Don't ask me how I know these two things to be true)

[stirpot]

weegrannymush and Sapper John like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7