One gun debate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monkeyman, Aug 14, 2005.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I know... [deadhorse] ...but its alwayse interesting to see peoples preferance. So here it goes, you all know the drill, you can only have one gun, what would it be? If needed you can give one anwser for general present day and one for SHTF grab and go.
    For me, hate the idea of only getting one but if so it would have to be a pump shotgun, for the versitility from the various loads.

2. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Even though I don't even have a shotgun, I'd have to say a 12ga pump that can shoot slugs would be the most versatile.

3. Conagher

Conagher Dark Custom Rider Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Let's see my FAL or my Colt .45 - hmmmmmm?

4. Halffast

Halffast Wannabe Hack Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If I'm down to one gun, it is SHTF.

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

One gun. I would have to say either a G-3 or FAL. The .308 is a good round for hunting two legged and four legged creatures. I would want a box magazine also, for suppressing fire capabilities and quick reloading. I would not mind having a 5.56 AR either, as it will take deer and small game alike. I just see the .308 being a better choice for larger game, in the event you were able to take a moose, elk, bear, buffalo etc. The 5.56 will kill them, but you might have to track them for miles, and who wants to track a wounded bear? Not me.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I like all my tools...50s, .M1As, Precision rigs...... The Thompson Conteders.

If I had to pick Just one to go out and face the fray. It would be a Bushmaster A2 with the Trij Reflex, Surefire and 6 mags

I still feel it is the most versatile platform for the unknown and unforseen. If I had good intel, The choice might be different.

So Bushy it is.... I might sneak an M1A into a cargo pocket though ;)

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

a really big one....m79 maybe...very versitile

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The answer is no...

9. swinefornicator

swinefornicator Monkey+++ Founding Member

I like no.

To live off of a good ol' Ruger 10/22 put more meals in front of me than anything else. For SHTF, FAL or M14 whatever has more mags if I can get out of town easy. Otherwise me and the AK will need to get out of town and acquire another FAL or M14 and ammo.

10. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

I'm stuck between a good .22LR and a .30-06 in a Mauser action. Have to have a knife too.. So maybe a Bowie, the 06, and just make a small hunting bow for all the other shooting.

jim

11. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

See he has the correct answer 30-06! Accept no other.

Yes, I'm prejudiced (okay well that and I've probably got somewhere around 2,000+ rounds of ammo for mine).

Oops, did I say that? [peep]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7