One gun....many calibres....the case for

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by chelloveck, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

gunkidelite5ko-1.

2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Called it from the first words out of his useless pie hole.
    Hey gunkid don't you have a meeting with your PO or court appointed shrink that you should be at?

dragonfly and Falcon15 like this.
  3. Resqdan

Resqdan Archangle

so your plan is to carry a single shot shot gun with 50 adapters everywhere you go just in case you load the wrong ammo in you gun.. no sale.. got to do better

dragonfly likes this.
  4. wags_01

wags_01 Monkey+

I loled.

Falcon15 likes this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I tremble in fear thinking of the 'highly skilled shottist' lurking out there in the underbrush with his trusty silenced .22 semiauto rifle to pop me in the noggin......

Assuming he gets by the eight different bark-happy dogs on my street......

And avoids the plethora of bright 'stadium lights' illuminating the 'hood......

One of the shotgun-toting neighbors would bag him before he gets to my place....... [aiw]

Hmmm..... range day. Think I'll shoot a few useless singleshots today. I don't shoot FAST, but I can put the shot where I want it.

Falcon15 likes this.
  6. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Chel brought out an interesting point in having a couple of adapters--not "fifty". Not a bad idea for some. My calibers center around AK/SKS, 308/'06, 38/357, 45, 380, and 22s. If I run out of ammo for these we will be hurting. Casting your own boolits and reloading will go a long way toward extending your supply--especially if you have an adequate supply of components.

Falcon15 likes this.
  7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

One of the issues with prepping is Cash... some folks will buy a papoose or other rifle/shotgun weapon to allow them some flexability with limited money... However if you have one MBR, one pump shotgun, and one pistol (calibre of your choice) and things go to hell remember one is non and two is oone... a single shot gun NEF or other with a set of adapters may give you a alternate option other than a rock when one of your weapons breaks... if you have loads of $$ and multiple guns in the same calibre thats good,... but don't put down a cheap alternative that might get you by in the mean time... as to the comments about the .38/.357 bouncing down the barrel... some of these adapters are 4+ inches long... so consider a single shot .357 pistol stabalized with a stock no chance of a round "bouncing down a Barrell"

YMMV but for me its a viable option....

8. Resqdan

Resqdan Archangle

I have done some more research on these just to make sure i am not missing anything..

now the short ones, the cheap ones.. are not rifled so it would be the same as sticking your ammo in a short piece of pipe and striking the primer.. sorry but you are not going to have any accuracy.. it would be fine for shotgun ammo though..

and before everyone starts to buy these you might want to read the fine print.. it states if you are careful you may be able to reuse these, but most likely you will need a shell extractor to remove them from your rifle (which will ruin the devise).. so if you put one in you might not be able to remove it in the field if you need to..

there are better ones you can buy that are quite a bit longer (more of a conversion) but the same premise, single shot only and much more expensive$100 and more... Just make sure you research the brand you decide to buy..

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

btt ;)

VisuTrac likes this.
  10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

[stirpot]

11. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

if you search 'gunkid' at SM, there are many pages of threads and posts:)

Falcon15 likes this.
  12. tract

tract On Hiatus Banned

sure ss can be fun, but for serious use, they are a bad joke. some caliber conversions offer 7 hits per second and 30 rd box magazines. those make sense, (in .22lr). :) If you want to mess up and use a 308 for shtf, I can see a single shot adapter in .32, especially if you reload .32 and don't have enough sense to have a suppressor on your rifle. .32 is fairly quiet when fired from that long a barrel.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

7 hits per second? What conversion can do that, a chain gun adaptor?

Sapper John and chelloveck like this.
  14. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I wasn't making the case for single shot firearms per se, just making the case for adaptability where a firearm is capable of using a sub-calibre sleeve or adaptor.

It's a relatively small investment for broadening the ammo availability for plinking, training and hunting when store bought ammo may be scarce...or to enable powder to be eked out for reloaders when smaller calibre projectiles might be more economical to use than larger projectiles.

oldawg likes this.
  15. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

[​IMG]

Sapper John likes this.
  16. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

A Gatling gun in .22lr????

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well now, He may be right, I can do that all day long with my 10/22

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

There was an outfit that made a 22LR Gatling Gun.... I just can't remember their Name.....

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Here, I use this on squirrels.

JABECmfg and Brokor like this.
  20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!! Put that puppy in your wheelbarrow and go clean out the critters.

oldawg, chelloveck, BTPost and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7