One pistol. One rifle. What do you buy?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Jayde, Aug 20, 2008.

1. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Hoorah and thank god for that. Hope the Liberals dont get into power. The last thing we need are more Qubeckies screwing the west over.

Also For the air gun thing Ghrit. Its still considered a firearm if it goes over a scertain muzzle velocity. Go figure eh?

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Okay "G" poor choice of words on my part...S' Why I usually stay the heck outta' firearms..
    cheerio...alittle too much time on my hands,wandered off the "res"...

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Particularly for a bug IN senario the over and under with a .22 over either 12 ga or 20 ga shotgun would be an EXCELENT option for the long gun and pair that with a handgun in 9mm, .357, or .45 and you would be REAL well set up for 4 legged and feathered from rabbits and small birds to grizzley at close to mid range (say out to 100 yards or just past) and well enouph equipedfor 2 legged threats in anything short of a Mad Max war zone type senario faceing large groups willing to stay after the first few of theirs fall. The only draw backs would be that shotgun ammo is heavey so carrying a lot of it if bugging out is problematic and the shotgun and .22 both lose effectivness considerably past 100 yards. Add a .308 to the mix though and you have everything pretty well covered short of defending from those hoards since it will drop anything you encounter as far out as you can hit it (say within 750-1000 yards) and in a bolt gun is accurate and good for deer, bear, etc. For the hoards you would want a semi auto in .223 for bug out being likely (lighter ammo to carry) or 7.62x39 for bug in(more stopping power than .223).

4. Jayde

Jayde Monkey++

Update

Thanks guys for all the advice. I've decided on a handgun, and I'm going to be getting a CZ 75 SP01. So far I've only tried it out in 9mm, so I'll have to give the .40 cal a go and then decide which I like best.

As for the rifle - I'm liking the suggestion of the savage, but I'm going to hold off on any rifle decisions for a bit though. Wanna wait and see what happens when the political dust settles up here.

I must admit, I get a good chuckle out of the differences between the two election systems. The Canadian federal election has been called, and will be over and done within 6 weeks. The US election is still two months off and the process has been going for how many months? ;)

For those who are interested, it looks like our Conservative Party is headed for a majority win. Good news for the gun nuts [winkthumb]

5. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

HOORAY! Oh Jayde have you heard of Canadian gunslingers? Its a good website, made from people who got sick of the BS in the Canadian gun nuts place. Check it out for other things pertaining to the Firearms aspect of the Great White North.

6. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Bushy AR 15 .223, also a 6.5 Grendel upper, and a .45.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7