One Single Thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkLight, Jun 7, 2015.

1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Sounds like your granddaughter is being brought up right in a loving family. I wish more were that way,our country needs more like your granddaughter.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Thank you, full credit goes to her tough-as-nails mom (our DD)

MM is quite the artist - this trip means she owes me two full sized book covers.... Lost my old cover art guy. A big plus for her is she'll be able to say she has had her art published as a book cover.... Win-win.

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

DKR get em bud! Hell I'm proud of her too and never meet yall, plus 10,000 to her!

Motomom34 and oldman11 like this.
  4. DKR

I told her that she had my permission to teach the others a couple of chants

C130 rolling down the strip....
    And R is for RANGER

This summer she will be selling her crochet work at weekend fairs to expand her college fund.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I'll have to teach you "I'm a Submarine Sailor"
    Ahh durn, I've forgotten it.
    I wonder if Clawson the Animal is still alive!
    He knows it for sure.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Ganado, Gator 45/70 and DKR like this.
  6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Never sell yourself short.

Just because you haven't done something or endured something before doesn't mean you can't. The good Lord knows there isn't anything new under the sun.

Somewhere, sometime in the past somebody made it through/got it done and you can too.

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

A man can be prepared for every thing on earth,
    but if he is not prepared to face God at any time,
    his earthly preparedness is useless .

Motomom34, DKR, Alf60 and 5 others like this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Yep....preparing to face the god one believes to exist is not a great deal of help when facing the god or gods that actually exist, if any. It would be prudent to make sensible preps regardless of the cosmic doofus deity who put this divine comedy together. I'm not relying on a deus ex machine to save my butt in this world for the want of making my own arrangements for disaster.

9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Contrary , I and those that believe have a greater advantage both in this life and the next .
    Certainly you realize that there are scenarios that cannot be anticipated but in my life I have had God's intervention and preservation and healing and guidance through horrific events with things I had no training .
    My life could have been extinguished several times in the past yet I live to testify to you that no man has nor can do for me the things God has done.
    I have never been admitted in a hospital ,and though I am aged like any other man I don not have the illnesses of most men my age . No broken bones . I don't wear glasses .
    I have been spared through a few accidents but nothing serious befell me .
    I will die some day that is the course of life for all men but I do not fear death .
    God teaches me both directly and through other media and things He puts in my path no one but He could know.
    With all the technology you have at your disposal , it cannot compare to the relationship I have with God through Jesus Christ.
    With regard to survival , God is the central point of my life and I ask Him direction especially if I have no information available and or if I am not sure of the path ahead.
    it doesn't matter if it is a highway or a path or foraging through the woods or the desert , I treasure God's influence in all things .

10. DKR

My grand-daughter (MM) is now back in town and we will be going to lunch today so I can 'debrief' her on the recent trip to Zion Canyon NP.
    She did tell me the Backpacker Pantry freeze dry food was "horrible" - so bad, in fact that most the crew would go hungry rather than eat it. I'll be looking for more detail at our lunch meeting....

She made a lot of new friends while out on the trail - here's Gary for example...

[​IMG]
    "Gary" is a Western Diamondback rattlesnake. Quite a find for a young women raised in a snake-free area.

I have downloaded over 500 photos she took while on walkabout. I'll post these from time to time

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Sounds like gear review material ---

Gator 45/70, DKR and oldawg like this.
  1. OlDiceGames
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Prepsteader13
  6. Qwertyportne
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Alanaana