one step closer to .gov control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gunbartender, Mar 17, 2012.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Additionally (and not to bump my post count, promise) since I'm still reading and re-reading that DAMNED DOCUMENT because it's full of frakkin legal doublespeak and I'm looking up other EOs, EO 12919 covered a lot of the same ground, that's why it was revoked.

Interestingly enough, 12919 did the same thing that this one does (to quote you "ensure that none of the positions are elected officials nor military but rather THOSE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF"), almost the exact same wording in fact. In fact, by revoking 12919, this EO actually may even put some of the older EOs that 12919 had revoked back on the books. That might be worth looking into. Hmmm.

Like I said, I was trying to set the record straight. Looks like I may not have done that. Looks like this didn't do what I thought it might have done and everything is 'basically' back where it was before but updated a bit for 18 years later. And NO, I'm STILL not happy about it.

--DL

Gator 45/70 and tulianr like this.
  2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Actually Darklight, you are the personification of Kool-aid drinkers. If no single president wants to invoke these powers, they would not write these Executive Orders.

Additionally, you obviously have no clue how "welfare" works. It is all done on cards, like ATM cards called EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) Cards. All of the EO's I noted were in effect until the revised Executive Order by Obama was issued SPECIFICALLY granting powers to NON-ELECTED, PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTED INDIVIDUALS. The wording, intent and powers are exact, specified and defined.

He would need NO violence, no wartime excuse. He can now invoke this at ANY time. At least under PDD 51 there had to at least be a PRETENSE that the Government was in severe danger of collapsing.

So, yeah you are a kool-aid drinker in my book, based off of your posts.

3. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

So, if it goes down, and those of us here do decide to take a stand, how many will make the papers? Will incite others to stand up?

My point being, we are in very different places (geographically), how many near you will stand up and support you in your community?

That's what it took for terry weaver.. That's not what happened for Waco.

Or individuals having thier guns removed from them FORCEFULLY by national guard, army, AND local law enforcement..

Just giving examples, for when, TPTB give the order to remove your trouble making asses from the equation.

These are my big worries, for my family.. Because I know we will defend our beliefs to the death, for God, and what is right, in his directive...

I will also have friends nearby, who could assist, but I won't even count on them, to take up arms if we are ever assaulted upon by TPTB for trumped up causes..

Just sayin
    YMMV

4. DarkLight

Ok, let's step down the personal attacks ok or it's going to get nasty. How many times do I have to say that I agree that I think the Executive Order process is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and that they shouldn't even EXIST in the first place. If you aren't going to use it then DON'T WRITE IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE! I GOT IT! WE AGREE! WE'RE ON THE SAME PAGE! YOU'RE BEATING A DEAD HORSE AND BORDERING ON A$$HOLE TERRITORY!

What in the hell does this have to do with anything? I know exactly how welfare works, not that I'm on it or use it...oh I get it...welfare checks. Actually not everywhere uses EBT believe it or not but I see your point. Fine, computer glitch in the EBT processing system, deposits weren't made on time, sorry, we feel for you but rioting won't get you anywhere, we're going to have to declare martial law (geez you're a nit picker).

And you're wrong again...
    Have you ever actually READ 12919? Apparently not otherwise you would know that all of those NON-ELECTED, PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTED INDIVIDUALS would have already had that power SPECIFICALLY granted to them way back then in 1994, to wit:

Sec. 201. ​
    Delegations of Priorities and Allocations. (a) The authority of
    the President conferred by section 101 of the Act to require acceptance
    and priority performance of contracts or orders (other than contracts of
    employment) to promote the national defense over performance of any other
    contracts or orders, and to allocate materials, services, and facilities as
    deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense, is delegated
    to the following agency heads:
    (1) The Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food
    resource facilities, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and
    commercial fertilizer;
    (2) The Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;
    (3) The Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health
    resources;
    (4) The Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil
    transportation;
    (5) The Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and
    (6) The Secretary of Commerce for all other materials, services, and

facilities, including construction materials.

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/pdf/12919.pdf

Again, read 12919! He never needed a wartime excuse. The wording is the same. If I ever was a kool-aid drinker it was UP UNTIL I read the EOs and I was taking your tripe as gospel truth. If anyone here is the drinking the Kool-Aid it's you! You're the one spouting the same thing over and over again without doing any research. READ THE ACTUAL DOCUMENTS.

I'm enough of a man to admit in a public forum that my first post on here was less informed. You on the other hand have 1700 posts or some such so you MUST be some kind of Executive Order Diety! One more time...Bill Clinton's EO in 1994 had the EXACT SAME WORDING as Barak Obama's (Obama simply referenced the Act, that's all).

Quit buying into your own press and drinking your OWN Kool-Aid and read the EOs in question before you call me out on something that you are in fact WRONG about!

--DL

tulianr likes this.
  5. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

I read all the crap, it's all the same crap.. Turned up a notch..

Good luck finding a lawyer willing to dispute it, if you fall into its sights.

Basically what I got out of it..

Have a drink and return to the herd, for now..

Falcon15 likes this.
  6. DarkLight

Wife and I had this conversation this evening...

Told her I hoped like hell that the tree of liberty wouldn't need to be watered in our, our children's or for their sake, their children's lifetimes but...and she interupted me at this point and said that she was afraid it was about due.

I sighed and agreed but while I wouldn't jump in front of bullet to make the kids orphans or her a widow and I wouldn't really hesitate (again, another interruption when she told me she knew I wouldn't hesitate, which is why she married me), there are things that can be done "from afar" as it were at first.

If push comes to shove, I don't even know if those of us who push back will even get a mention in the papers frankly but if we do I probably will. There's quite a few of us around me and I'm pretty sure it'll be a fair ruckus (which is why it just might make the papers) but that's not bragging.

I don't mind admitting I'm more scared of what's coming than anything...Lord knows I'm not excited.

--DL

tulianr likes this.
  7. DarkLight

---Deleted---

Oh whatever, you guys are so convinced I'm a shill that you won't read what I'm trying to say.

You aren't even worth agreeing to disagree with because in the end we aren't disagreeing you're just too thick headed to see that three lefts make a right (turn).

Welcome to ignore for the time being.

--DL

8. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Guilty conscience?
    Who says I was talking about you?

I was generally attempting to diffuse the escalating convo... Or atleast, jack was..lol

We're all concerned about the same thing here, not like we're having this discussion with communists or something..

Just some of us are more paranoid than others, I suppose.. Or less alcoholically pre-dispositioned.. ;)

tulianr likes this.
  9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Warning #1
    Debate ,don't belittle.

Lucky Johnson and BTPost like this.
  10. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

F#*$!N' tractor wont start. Sumbitch worked last fall when I put it in the barn. New battery. Wont crank. Gotta work on that tomorrow. F#*$!N' tractor!!

11. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I run mine every 3 weeks just so I won't have this problem come spring !! It keeps everything loosened up and lubed !!
    I had this happen to me 20 some years back and it cost me a new tractor (or used anyway) so I'm pretty careful with it now !!

12. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

I did with the massey's (we used them a lot over the "winter") but never got around to the IH because we never had a measurable snow, thats what I plow with.

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

What the heck does this have to do with .... "One step closer to Gov. Control"? Ditto post 51 and 52

14. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Nothing

15. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

I was thinking the same thing, but figured it was just a tension breaking/bump for the thread..

And I had nothing constructive to add to the rant, so didn't..

16. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Exactly what ^ said

17. DarkLight

I think with the whole 'the government can tell you what, where and when to grow' part of the EO, he was saying "well would you look at that, the tractor just up and kicked the bucket...dunno how that coulda happened".

With the multiple pages since the original posts to that effect, however, I can see how everybody kinda wondered where that came from. It took me a minute to figure out where that was going.

--DL

18. DarkLight

or then again maybe not...didn't realize the original poster admitted that it was a stress reliever.

gotta quit reading the forum on my phone.

19. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

It's all okay folks. Move along folks, nothing to see here. Truth is at 6:40pm yesterday, I had been doing a bit more than sipping rum since before 4 pm. [booze] It ain't nice to confuse an olde grump.

Lucky Johnson likes this.
  20. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7